The Indian Army is the essence of the finest ideals that India as a nation stands for valour, glory, sacrifice, and duty. The Indian Army protects over a billion people in our nation from all external threats which continue to loom over our borders, from the icy landscapes of Siachen to the desert of Rajasthan, and CDS is one way to join the army as an officer. The full name of CDS is Combined Defense Services, and the exam is held twice a year. Those who pass must then go through an SSB interview.
Roles and Responsibilities of CDS
- You are secured for the whole of your life if you are selected for any of the military forces.
- In addition to money, benefits, and retirement, you also get a lot of other advantages that are not offered by private employers.
- Your work could be challenging depending on the branch of the military forces you join.
- You need to get ready for your job since it might be quite strict and demanding.
- Candidates who complete the Combined Defense Services program satisfactorily and thus are promoted to the position of the designated officer are eligible for the salary and benefits associated with that level.
CDS Eligibility Requirements
First and foremost, one has to be an Indian citizen to take the CDS test. Students may also be Nepalese or Bhutanese nationals of Indian ancestry who have made a permanent move to India. Or before January 1, 1962, Tibetan refugees made a permanent home in India.
Additionally, candidates must be between the ages of 19 and 22 to sit for the exam at the Indian Naval Academy. Then, the age ranges for the Indian Military Academy (19 to 24 years) and the Air Force Academy (19 to 23 years). Additionally, one must be aware of any category-specific relaxations.
Then, in terms of education, one must finish a degree through any accredited university.
Let’s now examine how to register for the CDS exam.
- The first step is to visit the official website, look for the appropriate choice link, and then click on the link.
- Next, click the link for new registration. Your email address will be used to send your registration number and password.
- After entering login information, you may begin filling out the application form.
- It’s crucial to complete the form accurately and without any errors. Since once the application is filed, it will be difficult to alter.
- A current photo and scanned signature must be uploaded afterwards. Additionally, one must pick an exam location.
- Before submitting the application form, one must also review it. Continue to pay the examination costs after that. Online and offline payment options are available.
- After successfully paying the exam fee, preserve a soft copy of your application and the receipt for the fee payment for further use.
CDS Exam Format
The written exam for the Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, and Indian Air Force Academy has three sections: English, General Knowledge, and Elementary Mathematics. Each exam lasts for two hours and carries 100 points. The written test for Officers Training Academy has two sections: English and General Knowledge. Each test for the OTA likewise lasts two hours and carries 100 points. The exam for the CDS was taken offline. There are multiple choice questions on the exam paper.
CDSE’s Marking System
Understanding the exam’s marking structure is crucial since it enables applicants to approach question papers carefully. For each right response on the CDSE, one mark is given, and 0.33 points are subtracted for each incorrect attempt. if a question has two possible answers. Negative points will be taken away since they will be deemed incorrect.
The next stage after passing the CDS written test is the SSB, which is held a month or two later, it depends on the academy one is applying for.
- The SSB is a five-day procedure (for the air force, it’s six since they do the PBT), during which they determine if you are a good fit for the forces and the traits of an officer.
- After the SSB board has approved you, the next stage is a medical exam, which is performed in the army hospital by army doctors.
- After the hospital’s medical board has deemed you to be in good health, you must get on an all-in-merit list that is created by bringing your written as well as SSB scores into account.
- If your name is on the merit list, you will get joining instructions and be requested to arrive at the applicable academy on a certain day with the necessary paperwork.
- after which, you’ll go through a demanding training regimen that will help you become the finest version of yourself.
What happens next if one passes the CDS Written Examination?
- The SSB, which would be held a month or two after clearing the CDS written test, is the next stage.
- They will decide if you are acceptable for the forces, i.e., whether you possess officer-like traits, during the SSB, which lasts five days.
- Following the SSB board’s recommendation, you must undergo medical testing in the army hospital, where it is done by army doctors.
- Upon being deemed physically fit by the hospital’s medical board, you must pass an all-in-merit selection based on both written and SSB total marks.
- If your name is on the merit list, students will get joining instructions and a deadline for reporting to the applicable academy with the required paperwork.
- The next step is a demanding training regimen designed to make you the greatest version of yourself.
FAQs regarding CDS
Candidates must meet the required physical requirements for fitness.
CDS Test: Once more, there is no set percentage required for passing the CDS exam; all you need to do is be a graduate.
The CDS test is open to women as well.