What is CLAT Exam?
The Common Legal Admission (CLAT) is the national entrance exam for those programs. There are 22 national universities in India that provide undergraduate and postgraduate programs.
The CLAT exam is used by several affiliated universities and organizations for recruitment and admissions, respectively. NLUs performed the CLAT in a rotating fashion up until 2018. However, starting in 2019, a permanent organization called the “Consortium of NLUs” that was created by NLUs will run the CLAT. The organization’s main office is located at NLSIU Bangalore.
Enrolment in the 5-year integrated LL.B. and LL.M. programs which start in the academic year 2023-2024 will be based on CLAT 2023.
CLAT Courses 2023
A nationwide entrance exam called the CLAT, or Common Law Admission Test is required for enrolment in the undergraduate and graduate law programs provided by 22 National Law Indian universities. Candidates who pass the CLAT exam and score higher than the cutoff can apply for admission to the following courses at 22 NLUs in India.
Courses for Undergraduates
The following postgraduate courses are available:
- B.A. LL. B
- B. Com LLB
- BSc LLB
- BBA LLB
- And BSW LLB
Course for Postgraduate Program– LLM
The National Law Universities in India
1. National Law School of India University in Bengaluru
2. Maharashtra National Law University in Aurangabad
3. Dr B.R. Ahmedkar National Law University in Haryana
4. Dharmashastra National Law University in Jabalpur
5. NALSAR University of Law in Hyderabad
6. Himachal Pradesh National Law University in Shimla
7. National Law University Odisha
8. Tamil Nadu National Law School in Tiruchirapalli
9. National Law Institute University situated in Bhopal
10. Hidayatullah National Law University in Raipur
11. National Law University in Jodhpur
12. National University of Study and Research in LawIN Ranchi
13. Maharashtra National Law University, Nagpur in Ranchi
14. Maharashtra National Law University in Mumbai
15. Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University in Vishakhapatnam
16. Ram Manohar Lohia National University of law in Lucknow
17. Chanakya National Law University situated in Patna
18. Gujarat National Law University
19. National University of Advanced Legal Studies in Kochi
20. National Law University and Judicial Academy in Assam
21. Ram Manohar Lohia National Law University, Lucknow
22. Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law in Punjab
Private Universities That Accept CLAT Scores
Several private universities across the nation recognise the CLAT scores in addition to the 22 NLUs. Look through the list of colleges and universities below that have an MoU in place with the CLAT Consortium for using CLAT results.
- Shobhit University in Meerut
- RNB Global University in Rajasthan
- Law College Dehradun
- LLOYD Law College in Knowledge Park II (which is in Greater Noida)
- GLOCAL University situated in Saharanpur
- ISBR Law College in Bangalore
- Vivekananda Institute of Professional Studies in Pitampura area of Delhi
- Xavier Law School which is in Bhubaneswar, Odisha
- Asian Law College in Noida
- Indore Institute of Law
- Siddharth Law College in Dehradun
- Shri Vaishnav Institute of Law in Indore
- GITAM School OF Law in Visakhapatnam
- Kalinga University in Naya Raipur,
- ICFAI Law School, ICFAI University, Dehradun
- Amity University in U.P.
- Alliance School of Law in Bangalore
- Aryans College of Law in Punjab
- School of Law in the JIMS Campus in Greater Noida
- GLA University Mathura in Uttar Pradesh
- REVA University, Bangalore in Karnataka
Eligibility for CLAT
Undergraduate (UG) 2023: CLAT
- There won’t be a maximum age limit for those applying to the UG Programme via CLAT 2023.
- Candidates must pass the board exams (10+2 or a test of a similar level) with the percentage of points specified below.
- Applicants must receive forty-five percent (45%) of the potential points, or an equivalent grade, if they belong underneath the general, OBC category, PwD category, NRI category, PIO category, or OCI category.
- SC or ST candidates must get at least 40percent of the total points that can be awarded (or the equivalent).
- Candidates are also eligible to sit for the CLAT 2023 Exam unless they could take their qualification test in either March or April of 2023. Students must provide evidence that they completed the board exams at the time of admission in order to be eligible for admission.
- In order to be accepted into the programme for which they have applied, a candidate must submit their board exam (10+2) score at the time of admission.
Postgraduate (PG) 2023 CLAT
- A minimum of 50 per cent on the LL.B. test, or its equivalent grade, for candidates who fall under the category of general, OBC category, PwD category, NRI category, PIO category, or the OCI categories.
- For applicants who fall under the SC or ST categories, 45% in marks or the equivalent grade.
- There is no maximum age for applicants to the CLAT 2023.
2023 CLAT Application Form
CLAT 2023, the Common Law Admission Test: Candidates should apply online through the CLAT official website if they wish to be considered for admission to law programmes at NLUs as well as other private colleges. Here are the processes for filling out the online CLAT application.
Step 1: Visit the CLAT official website at www.clatconsortiumofnlu.ac.in.
Step 2: Select “Register” from the homepage’s menu.
Step 3: Enter the necessary information that has been asked like name, email ID, and address.
Step 4: Upload the documents that has been asked to submit the form. (Like photo and sign of the candidate)
Step 5: Fill out the CLAT application form completely, making sure to include your qualifications and choice for NLUs.
Step 6: Pay the fees for the application.
Step 7: After everything, submit the form.
Step 8: Download an electronic version and print it off for your records.
Application Charge for the CLAT Examination
- The only way to pay application fees is online.
- Rupees 4,000 is the fee for every candidate except the SC, ST and BPL.
- Rupees 3,500 is the fee for candidates in the SC, ST, and BPL categories.
- The previous year paper costs you Rupees 500. (Separate from fees of the application)
- There is no return for application fees.
CLAT Exam Format
The CLAT would be administered offline. It’s an objective type of paper. It must be completed in two hours. For each correct answer you get one mark for each, and 0.25 will be taken off for each erroneous response. The test will only be delivered in English.
CLAT 2023 Admit Card
Check out the official website to get the admit card if you have successfully submitted your CLAT application. By logging in the candidates account, candidates can download their admit cards or tickets. You can sit in the exam hall with your original admit card.
The CLAT syllabus contains a variety of topics to assess applicants’ English language competency, general knowledge of static GK, basic math skills, critical thinking skills in logical reasoning, and legal acumen. Except for legal aptitude, the most of sections are widely known to most candidates. The candidates’ aptitude for research, legal knowledge, and problem-solving skills are all tested in this portion. Hope this information on CLAT eligibility, course and college offered has helped you know it all.