One of the most well-known tests in India is the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE), which provides applicants with a wealth of options to advance their careers. As of 2023, it consists of 29 disciplines or subjects, and applicants can choose any of them according to their interests and goals.
The majority of individuals want to pass the GATE test since doing so would not only accelerate their professional development but also ensure a prosperous and secure future. It is essential to review the GATE exam’s key topics if you also intend to take it.
2022 GATE Syllabus
Let’s move on to the curriculum for the GATE 2022 test for all of the papers.
- Examining general aptitude (Common for All)
English grammar, analogies, sentence completion, directives, word groupings, critical thinking, and verbal deduction are all examples of verbal ability.
- Mathematical skills include computation, estimate, reasoning with numbers, and data interpretation.
- Algebra, numerical methods, differential equations, aeroplane performance, static consistency, special subject areas, calculas, strength of materials, structural dynamics of flight vehicles, aerodynamics of aero engines, axial compressors, and centrifugal compressors are among the main topics covered in aerospace engineering.
- Powertillers, Fluid Mechanics, Soil Mechanics, Processing and Soil Mechanics, Soil and Watershed Management, Heat and Mass Transfer, Leveling, Hydrology, Agricultural Drainage, Groundwater Hydrology, Wells and Pumps, Drying, Storage Systems, and By-Product Utilization, Water Erosion, Surveying, and Prediction are the main topics covered in Agricultural Engineering.
- Farming and planning: Principal Subjects: Architecture and Design, Construction and Management, Building and Structures, Construction Materials, Urban Design, Enviro Design and Planning, Planning Techniques and Managerial staff, Urban Planning and Shelter, Services, Transportation and Infrastructure Urban Infrastructure, etc.
- Algebra, differential equations, statistics and probability calculus, signals and systems, analogue and digital electronics, monitoring and control systems, sensor systems and bioinstrumentation, biomechanics, and human anatomy and physiology are some of the main topics covered in biomedical engineering.
- Algebra, calculus,equations of differential, numerical methods, statistics and probability immunology, microbiology, animal and plant biotechnology, recombinant DNA technology, bioprocess engineering, and process biotechnology are the main topics covered in biotechnology courses.
- Engineering mathematics, mechanics, analysis, concrete and steel constructions, geotechnical, foundation engineering, hydraulic systems, hydrology, irrigation, noise and air pollution, transport systems, highway paving, traffic engineering, and geomatics engineering are some of the main topics in civil engineering.
- Engineering math, process estimations and thermodynamic parameters, heat exchange, quantum dynamics and mechanical processes, mass flow, chemical process engineering, measuring instruments and control systems, technologies and methods, plant layout and economics, and chemical technology are the main topics in chemical engineering.
- Information technology and computer science: Engineering Math, Digital Logic, Algorithms, Automata theory, Coding and Information Structures, Compiler Design, System Software, Database, and Computer Networks are the main topics.
- Physical Chemistry: Structural, Equilibria, Interfaces and Surfaces, and Kinetics are the main topics of chemistry. Principal Group Elements, Lanthanides & Actinides, Transition Elements, Radioactive materials, Organometallics, Bioinorganic Chemistry, Experimental Methods of Analysis, Solids; these are the topics covered in inorganic chemistry. Organic Chemistry: Heterocyclic Compounds, Pericyclic Reactions as well as Photochemistry, Spectroscopy, Stereochemistry, Organic Synthesis, and Reaction Mechanisms.
- Engineering in Electronics and Communication: Engineering maths, network solution techniques, continous signals, electronic devices, analogue and digital circuit, control systems, electromagnetics, and communications are the main topics.
- Engineering math, magnetic waves, electric circuits, machine parts, signal and system, control mechanisms, power systems, power systems, and analogue and digital electronics are the main topics in electrical engineering.
- Ecology and Evolution Main Topics: Mathematics, Behavioural Ecology, Quantitative Ecology, and Ecology. Sub-themes are included in each of the major subjects.
- Earth and the Solar System, Geography, Igneous Rock, Morphological, Crystal structure, Morphological characteristics, Geophysical, Seismic Techniques of Prospecting, Basic Principles of the forward and Inverse Issues, Algorithms, and Neural Networks are some of the main topics covered in this subject of Geology and Geophysics.
- Engineering math, electrical circuits, signals & systems, analogue circuits, control mechanisms, digital signal, measurement, communication and optic instrumentation, sensors, and industrial instrumentation are the main topics covered in instrumentation engineering.
- Algebra, Calculus, Actual Analysis, Compound Analysis, Numeric Analysis, Normal Differential Equations, Function Analysis, Linear Regression, Topology, Partial Differential Equations, and Partial Differential Equations are the main topics in mathematics.
- Engineering Math, Applied Mechanics and Design, Hypothesis of Machines, Machine design of Materials, Mechanical Design, Fluid Mechanics, Thermodynamic parameters, Manufactured Materials, Machining and Industrial Machinery Processes, Computer Integrated Manufacturing, and Operation Research are the main topics in mechanical engineering.
- Engineer mathematics, mine growth, mine surveying, geomechanics, methodology, mining equipment, surface ecology, subsurface dangers, mine ventilation, mining planning, mine economics, and system engineering are the main topics in mining engineering.
- Engineering math, thermodynamics and rates processes, physical metalurgy, extractive metalurgy, mechanical metalurgy, and manufacturing processes are the main topics of metallurgical engineering.
- Algebra, differential equations, calculus, hydraulic fracturing, petroleum exploration, enhanced oil recovery methods, health, safety, and the environment in the petroleum industry are some of the main topics covered in petroleum engineering.
- Mathematics in Physics, Classical and Quantum Theory, Electrical Theory, Atomic and Molecules Physics, Thermodynamics & Statistical Physics, Non – volatile memory Physics & Electricals, Nuclear & Particle Physics are the main topics covered in this discipline of physics.
- Engineering math, Applied Mechanics, Hypothesis of Machines and Design, Thermal and Liquids Engineering, Steel Forming, Connecting of Materials, Powder Handling, Polymers and Composite materials, Manufacturing Processes II, Quality and Reliability, Manufacturing Engineering, Operations Research, and Operations Management are the main topics covered in production and industrial engineering.
- Calculus, probabilities, linear algebra, stochastic, regression analysis, inference, multivariate analysis, and experimental design are the main topics in statistics.
- Engineering mathematics, textile engineering, and fibre science major topics include textile fibres, yarn manufacturing, yarn structures and properties, textiles testing, fabric manufacturing, structures and properties, textile testing, and chemical processing in Textile Engineering and Fibre Science.
Engineering Sciences (XE) Engineering Science includes a variety of topics. The whole course curriculum is provided below:
- Linear algebra, vectors calculus, complicated factors, solving differential equations, order differential equations, probabilities and statistics, and numerical methods are all covered in XE-A, or engineering mathematics.
- Fluid Mechanics – Flow & Fluid Properties, Kinematics, Fractional Analyses, Inviscid Flows, Differential Analyzation, Prandtl Boundary Layer Equations, and Internal Flows are covered in XE-B.
- Materials science is covered in the following courses: XE-C: Processing of Materials, Structural and Imperfections, Characterization Techniques, Thermodynamics & Kinetics, Material properties, Material Composition, Environment Degradation, Fundamentals of Quantum Mechanics, and Mathematics.
- Solid mechanics – Similar Pressure Systems, Principal Stresses, Theory of Failure, Axial, Mixed Stresses, and Euler Buckling are covered in the course XE-D.
- Thermodynamics: Fundamental ideas, First and Second Laws of Thermodynamics, Thermodynamic Cycles, Thermodynamic Relations, Characteristics of Pure Substances, and Ideal G XE-F: High Polymer Chemistry, Synthesis and Characteristics, Polymer Characterization, Polymeric and Composite, Polymers Technologies, Polymer Processing, Polymers Rheology, and Polymer Testing.
- Food Technology, Packaged Foods Technology, Food Microbiology, and Food Engineering are abbreviated as XE-G.
- The curriculum for XE-H: Atmosphere & Ocean Science includes a variety of topics from these two fields.
- Life Sciences (XL) – The following are the courses’ syllabi:
- Chemistry – Atom Structural and Periodicity, Structural and Bonding, Chemical Equilibria, s, p, and d Block Elements, Kinetics, Electrodynamics, Thermodynamics, Structure-Reactivity Correlations, and Organic Reaction Mechanisms are the subjects covered in XL-P as Mixtures are covered in XE-E.
- XL-Q: Cell structure & organelles, immune response, DNA replication, biochemical separation techniques, and organisation of life.
- Plant Systematics, Plants Anatomy, Metabolism and Biochemistry, Morphogenesis and Growth, Seed Production and Genetic Alteration, Genetics, Plant Pathology, Economical Botany, Ecology and Environment, and Plant Pathology are the topics covered in Botany, from left to right, XL-R.
- Microbiology – Historical Context, Microbe Taxonomy and Variety, Methodologies in Microbiology, Microbial Expansion, Prokaryotic and Eukaryotic Cells: Cell Structure and Function, Microorganism Metabolism, Control of Microorganisms,Chemotherapy/Antibiotics, Microorganism Diseases and Host-Pathogen Engagement, Microbial Genetics, and Microbial Ecology are among the XL-S courses in the field.
- XL-T: Ecology, Gene Transcription in Eukaryotes, Microbiology, Parasitology & Immunology, Animals Physiology and Anatomy Development Biology, Genetics, Ecology, Biochemistry & Molecular Biology, and Zoology – Animal World.
- XL-U: Food Engineering, Food Microbiology, Food Products Technology, and Food Chemistry and Nutrition in food technology.
How to Get the GATE Syllabus for 2022
- Check out the GATE website. The official GATE 2022 website is located at gate.iitkgp.ac.in.
- Select “Pre-Examination” from the top menu. A drop-down menu will show up.
- Select “Syllabi” from the menu.
- There will be a listing of all GATE topics.
- To download the syllabus, click on the name of the topic.
Once the announcement is made public, follow the instructions above to view the whole GATE 2022 curriculum on the official website.