There has been a rise in the popularity of social media in the past decade. This has given a chance to the design industry to bloom. Graphic designing plays a lead role in social media posts, marketing, ad agencies, etc. Graphic designing is now an essential skill. The courses in graphic designing has to do with the creation of visual images and effects. Graphic designers make page layouts, backgrounds, etc. for websites. You can learn graphic designing either online or offline. Further, if you wish to pursue the course offline, Here’s a list of the Best Graphic design courses, institutes, and colleges in Kolkata:
Kolkata is now one of the leading cities in India. The city has the best education, career chances, and even stay. The city is considered to be safe and progressive. It is turning into a technological hub. Thus, with all the increase in the number of companies in Kolkata, it makes it the best city for education and career. Students these days are now going for a career that is uncommon. Graphic designing is one such course. The graphic designing industry is ever-growing. Therefore, Building a career in this field is easy once you have the correct guidance. You can get the best guidance and knowledge from the best Graphic design institutes and colleges in Kolkata. Here’s a list of top graphic design courses and colleges in Kolkata that provide the best education:
Best Graphic Design Courses in Kolkata
1. Arena Animation Institute in kolkata: Best Graphic Design Institute in Kolkata
Arena Animations is one of the best private institutes for graphic design. It has over 17 branches all over Kolkata. Apart from that, it has a great placement rate. It has tie-ups with companies like Flipkart, Amazon, Red chilies, and Hoichoi. It also has a lot of courses to choose from. These courses range from graphic design to VFX and animation. You can also go for multiple courses from the institute.
Course, Fee and admission details:
The institute has ” Graphics and web designing course GWDC” for students willing to make their career in graphic designing.
- Firstly, to be eligible for this course, you need to be 10+2 from a recognized board or university or equivalent to that.
- The duration of this course is 15 months. The classes are conducted three days a week. Each class is for 2 hours. You can choose from the given time slots.
- Further, the course is divided into two terms. You need to appear for an exam specifically for each term to get the certificate.
- You will receive a professional certification after the end of the course and exam of course.
- The courses may vary from branch to branch. Thus, It is better to check the websites of the individual branches. You can browse from their courses and choose the best one for you.
- The fee might increase or decrease according to the duration of the courses and the branch as well.
- Finally, they will also assist you in the placements.
2. Imagic Institute Kolkata: Top Graphic Design Institute in Kolkata
Imagic institute is also a private institute in Kolkata. It has a lot of courses in Graphic design. They have a tie-up with Netaji Subhash open University and offer a few diploma courses under it. Further, It has certain courses that teach you about certain specific software needed in Graphic design. So, if you are someone willing to learn about any specific Graphic design software or apps, then Imagic Institute could be the best go-to option. The duration of these courses is very less. It also has placement help available.
Top Graphic design courses in Imagic Kolkata:
- Firstly, the institute offers a one-year diploma in Graphic design. This diploma course comes under Netaji Subhash open university. The eligibility is 12th pass from a good board.
- 6 months course in Graphic design: You can get a professional certificate from Imagic Institute under this course. The eligibility is 10th from a good board. The fee for the same is 45000 INR for the duration of 6 months. You can pay it in installments.
- The institute has 3 courses of the duration of 1.5 months each in Photoshop, Corel draw, and illustrator. These are certificate courses. The eligibility is 10th pass. The batch size for each course will be a maximum of 6 students.
- Lastly, they have 2, 1-month certificate courses in Lightroom and Indesign. The eligibility for the course in Lightroom is 10th pass and that of Indesign is 10+2 pass. The batch size remains the same that is 6 students. Further, you will get a certificate after you pass the exam conducted by them.
If you want to know more about Netaji Subhash open university, click here
3. Hitech animation Kolkata: Best Graphic Design Courses in Kolkata
Hi-tech animation is an ISO-certified organization. It has a range of courses in VFX, graphics, and web design. This institute is set up by industry experts in the field of design. It provides a wider view of designing. Its training programs are one of the best in town. As for graphic design, they have one course that is a combination of graphic and web designing. Their placements assistance is regarded as one of the best. and Thus it is one of the best graphic design institutes in Kolkata.
Graphic design course in Kolkata details:
- Firstly, The duration of the course offered by Hi-tech animations is 10 months.
- It is curated by experts and is divided into 5 modules. Each module provides in-depth knowledge of Graphic design.
- The course introduces concepts such as logo designing, print and layout designing, Digital imaging and publishing, and finally motion media design.
- The top recruiters of this institute are Byjus, red chilies, Wood geek, HMX, MPC, S Films Cosmos Maya, Trace, etc.
- Lastly, the placement rates and salary packages are both very good.
4. Acesoftech academy Kolkata: Top Graphic Design Academy in Kolkata
Set up by IT professionals, Acesoftech Academy is one of the premier academies of Kolkata. It was set up nearly 10 years ago. And is producing excellent individuals since then. it offers a lot of courses in the domain of design, IT, marketing, etc. Their courses are specifically designed to give practical as well as theoretical knowledge. Further, they are of smaller duration and can be completed as per the convenience of the students. Lastly, they have excellent placement offers after the end of the courses by top companies of the country. Thus, the academy makes it to the top graphic design institutes of Kolkata.
Graphic design course in Kolkata details:
- Firstly, The academy offers one integrated course in Graphic designing.
- The duration of the same is 4 months.
- It is available in three modes, classroom, online, and weekend classes as well.
- In the classroom mode, there are regular classes, that are held for 3 days a week.
- For students who cannot attend the classroom mode, they can apply for online mode and learn the course from their homes.
- Lastly, the students who are available just on the weekends can go for the weekend batch. these classes are held offline.
- The course includes lessons on CSS3, HTML5, Game design, mobile app design, Adobe Illustrator, Website layout, Photoshop CC, Corel Draw, Indesign, etc.
- The top recruiters of the academy are Wipro, Capgemini, TATA, cognizant, Infosys, etc.
5. NSHM College of Design Kolkata: Best Graphic Design College in Kolkata
NSHM is a college affiliated with Mulana Abdul Kalam Azad University (Formerly West Bengal university). It has its campus in Kolkata and Durgapur. The college has numerous schools under its name. One of which is the school for designing. Further, the NSHM school of design, they have nearly 6 full-time courses available. The college has great placements and provides excellent guidance. It has a specific placement cell dedicated entirely for the same. Thus, it is one of the best Graphic design colleges in Kolkata. Lastly, you will receive a university recognized degree at the end of the course.
Graphic design course details:
- Firstly, the college has a 3-year full-time course Bachelors in graphic design and animation.
- The eligibility for the same is 12th pass from a recognized board.
- Also, there is no entrance exam for admissions. the admissions are purely based on the marks of the 12th exam.
- You will receive a degree in Graphic design by the end of 3 years, which is equivalent to graduation.
- Lastly, the fee changes each year according to the placements offered each year by the college.
This is the list of top Graphic Design institutes and courses in Kolkata.
Post and responsibilities:
You can expect jobs as a graphic designer, 3D animation artist, Web designer, flash designer, game designer, creative head, UX / UI designer and of course as a digital artist at top firms and companies in India and abroad. You can expect your starting package to range between 3 lakh to 4 lakh rupees per year. It will increase as you will gain more experience in the field. Success is rather quick in the industry.
Blogs you may also like
complete Guide to graphic designing career. click here
digital marketing courses in Kolkata. click here
FAQs regarding Graphic design courses in Kolkata:
Yes, you are eligible for a few courses, you can browse the individual websites of some of the private institutions mentioned above and check your eligibility.
Firstly, it completely depends on the company and post that you are offered. The minimum salary ranges between 3 lakh to 4 lakh rupees. It will increase as you gain more experience and promotions.
It will depend on the syllabus offered by the institution. For instance, in the 3 year course VFX is included in the syllabus. However, in the course whose duration is 4 months or less, VFX is usually excluded from the syllabus.
Editor’s Note | Graphic Design courses in Kolkata
Kolkata is an advancing city. Lately, It is slowly grabbing the attention of many multinational companies. And thus is becoming a technological hub. It is now seeing a rise in good educational institutions as well. The colleges and academies are now looking more into professional courses. Students now have an option to develop and expand their skills. One such skill is graphic designing. With the world shifting into techno-driven companies, graphic designing is now getting the much needed attention. It is now in demand. This course combines creativity and technology. It is indeed interesting to learn. If provided with correct guidance and mentorship, you can build a career in graphic designing with ease. Above all, Graphic designing is now one of the highest paid jobs in India.
Firstly, in Kolkata, there are a lot of private institutions and government colleges that offer a course in graphic designing. The ones mentioned above are indeed the best graphic design colleges and institutes in Kolkata. The private and government institutes both are equally good however, the chances of placements through private are higher. The fee of government colleges is also much lower as compared to private institutions. You can choose what suits you the best.
Lastly, it depends on your hard work and ability to grab opportunities in the domain.