The HPPSC Exam or the Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission Exam is an official Examination for the positions of HP Administrative Service, HPPSC Tehsildar, HP Police Service, Block Development Officer, and Treasury Officer. This year, 29 posts are available in the various positions mentioned above. The exam is divided into two written parts along with the third and final viva parts. The HPPSC Exam is also known as the HPAS Exam.
The HPPSC Exam has a similar structure to the IAS Exam, which is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission. The first two parts, i.e., the Preliminary Exam and the Main Written Exam have quite a distinct pattern. Learning and understanding exam patterns is essential for the proper utilization of time for each of these parts.
Eligibility and Age Limit
To be eligible for the exam, candidates must possess a diploma from an accredited university or college. Candidates may still apply even if they are in their final year of graduation provided they are between the ages of 21 and 35. For reserved categories, age relaxation can be provided if the required documents are submitted on time.
The HPPSC HPAS Recruitment 2022 Notification Details
|The Recruitment Name||Himachal Pradesh Administrative Services|
|State Concerned||Himachal Pradesh|
|Purpose||Recruitment for Group A Vacancies|
|Application Mode||Online Mode|
|Number of Rounds||Round 1 and 2 ending with a Viva|
The HPPSC HPAS Exam Date and Fees
|Application Opening Date||17th June 2022|
|Application Closing Date||14th July 2022|
|Date to pay application fees||14th July 2022|
|HPPSC HPAS Admit Card release||By 6th of October 2022|
|HPPSC HPAS Prelims Exam Date||16th October 2022|
|HPPSC HPAS Prelims Result Date||November 2022|
|Interview Call Letter||April 2023|
|HPPSC HPAS Final Result||May 2023|
Candidates for Himachal Pradesh PSC 2022 appearing for the online exam will be required to pay an examination fee. If an interested candidate wanted to apply for multiple positions, they would have to apply for each position separately. Further division of the examination fees is outlined below:
- General Category Candidates from other states – Rs. 400
- SC, ST, BPL (Below Poverty Line), and OBC candidates who are domiciles of Himachal Pradesh (inclusive of SC, ST, or OBC candidates of ex-servicemen of H.P. who are relieved from the Defence Services before completion of normal tenure on their own request, SC, ST, OBC candidates who are wards of ex-servicemen of H.P., and OBC candidates with physical disabilities) – Rs. 100
- Ex-servicemen of Himachal Pradesh (who are relieved from the Defence Services after completing the normal tenure), visually impaired candidates of Himachal Pradesh, and candidates who are blind – No Fee
How To Apply for The HPPSC HPAS 2022 Exam
- Open your web browser and navigate to hppsc.hp.gov.in first.
- From the main menu, choose Online Application Registration, then Apply online.
- On the next screen, click New Registration.
- By submitting your email address, cell phone number, and password, you may complete the registration process in the said page.
- After signing up, log in using your email address and freshly created password.
- Enter any relevant data, including your name and academic history.
- Fill out the registration form, then pay the money.
- Your application has been registered.
FAQs regarding Himachal Pradesh PSC
You cannot submit an offline application for the HPPSC HPAS 2022 test. The applications are only accessible online.
While HPAS stands for Himachal Pradesh Administrative Services, HPPSC stands for the Himachal Pradesh Public Services Commission (HPPSC) (HPAS).
No, depending on their performance in the preliminary round, the Commission will announce a list of applicants who have been shortlisted for the mains test. For the next round, applicants must get a score equal to or higher than the HPPSC HPAS cut-off.
To fill the most sought-after Class 1 Officer posts, the HPPSC Exam is held. The HPAS exam is another name for it. The HPPSC examination is given for the jobs of HP Administrative Service, HPPSC Tehsildar, HP Police Service, Block Development Officer, and Treasury Officer.
The applicant’s age must fall within the range of 21 and 35 for the HPPSC HPAS test in 2022.