The HPPSC Exam or the Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission Exam is divided into two written parts along with the third and final interview part. The HPPSC Exam is also known as the HPAS Exam. The exam is applicable to the positions of HPPSC Tehsildar, HP Administrative Service, HP Policy Service, Tehsildar, Block Development Officer, and Treasury Officer.
The HPPSC Exam has a similar pattern to the IAS Exam, which is conducted by the Union
Public Service Commission. The first two parts, i.e. the Preliminary Exam and the Main Written Exam have quite a distinct pattern. Learning and understanding exam patterns is essential for the proper allocation of time for each of these parts. Each part has a unique marking system, the weighting of the marks, and the paper count. The detailed explanation for both parts of the HPPSC Exam is detailed below along with information about the third party or the viva round:
1.) The HPPSC HPAS Preliminary Exam Pattern
- The preliminary exam will be made up of two papers of 200 marks each totalling 400.
- Paper 1 will have 100 questions on general studies and the second paper will have 100 questions on aptitude tests, both with a duration of 2 hours.
- Paper 2 – CSAT, the aptitude paper which was introduced in 2016, is now qualifying in nature.
- At least 33% of your marks must come from CSAT.
|Paper||Subject||No of Questions||Marks|
2.) The HPPSC HPAS Mains Written Exam
The main exam is made up of a total of 8 papers.
• Papers 1 and 2 are in English and Hindi respectively. Candidates would require a minimum of 40% in paper 1 and pass paper 2 to be able to attempt the rest of the papers.
The candidate must select 2 elective courses, which will count as papers 7 and 8.
Candidates’ answer sheets will be marked for vocabulary, orderliness, and other factors.
• Papers 1, 2, and 3 will all carry the same weightage, i.e. 100 marks with a time duration of 3 hours allotted to each paper.
• Papers 4, 5, and 6 will carry the weightage of 200 marks with a time duration of 3 hours allotted to each paper.
• Papers 7 and 8 will carry the weightage of 100 marks with a time duration of 3 hours allotted to each paper.
|4||General Studies – I||200||3 Hours|
|5||General Studies – II||200||3 Hours|
|6||General Studies – III||200||3 Hours|
|7||Optional Subject (Paper-I)||100||3 Hours|
|8||Optional Subject (Paper-II)||100||3 Hours|
3.) The HPPSC HPAS Interview Round/Personality Test
The final round is a viva exam worth 150 points. The test is done with the aim of knowing if the candidate is familiar with the local language and other region-specific information about Himachal Pradesh.
FAQs Regarding the Himachal Pradesh PSC Exam pattern
The HPPSC HPAS Syllabus can be found on the Commission’s official website.
For objective-type questions, the applicant will have four alternatives and must choose one of them. Incorrect answers will receive negative marking, which will change according on the position you are applying for. Some students will lose a quarter of their marks, while others will lose a third. Multiple choices will be regarded as wrong, but blank replies will not be.
No, depending on their performance in the preliminary round, the Commission will announce a list of applicants who have been shortlisted for the mains test. To advance to the next stage of the selection process, applicants must get a score equal to or higher than the HPPSC HPAS cut-off.
To fill the most sought-after Class 1 Officer posts, the HPPSC Exam is held. The HPAS exam is another name for it. The HPPSC examination is given for the jobs of HP Administrative Service, HPPSC Tehsildar, HP Police Service, Block Development Officer, and Treasury Officer.
Numerous tutoring facilities offer appropriate test preparation materials. Additionally, you may download a fake test app.