The different civil service exams in Punjab are administered by the Punjab Public Service Commission (PPSC). Candidates are chosen for positions in civil service and departmental positions through these tests. The following are crucial phases in the Punjab State Civil Services Combined Competitive Examination selection process: Main Competitive Examination, Preliminary Competitive Examination (written and interview).
PPSC Eligibility Standards
Candidates must be eligible to meet the PPSC exam eligibility requirements listed below to apply for the PPSC recruiting vacancy.
Candidates do not need to be residents of the Punjab state to apply for the PPSC Exam. Candidates are permitted to take the PPSC test if they meet the qualifying requirements.
The Number of attempts
Candidates may apply for the position from the minimum age requirement of eighteen years to the max-age requirement of 37 years, and the PPSC has not imposed any limitations on the number of times they may try the PPSC Exam.
- The candidate may be allowed to appear for a preliminary test while pursuing the qualifying degree; the candidate should hold a bachelor’s degree in any field from a recognised university or institution.
- To qualify to attempt the Main Entrance Exam that year, the candidate must provide documentation indicating they have completed their degree programme.
- The phrase “recognised university” or “institution” shall be given the same significance, as delegated to it, for the intent of eligibility for the exam.
- No applicant will be eligible for having appeared in the Preliminary Competitive Exam unless he/she has managed to pass the Matriculation Exam with Punjabi as part of the compulsory or elective subjects, or any other equivalent exam within the Punjabi language, that may be indicated by the Government at any time.
- According to the PPSC, to meet the eligibility requirements for the PPSC Examination, an applicant is not needed to have prior work experience.
- Applicants may take the PPSC test as long as they are at least 18 years old.
Maximum age Criteria
According to the Punjab State Services at A Lower Rules, 2009, the Punjab Civil Services (Executive Branch) Rules, 1976, and government directives, the applicant for the Punjab PCS Exam 2021 must be at least 21 years old and should not have turned 37 on January 1st of the exam year.
- Go to the company’s website.
- Click on the url that reads, “Recruitment to 77 Posts to be Covered Via Punjab State Civil Services Combined Preliminary Examination-2020.”
- Select “Apply Online.”
- Complete the application. If you register successfully, make sure to have a working phone number and email address.
- Include a 40KB maximum size signature and a passport-sized picture that has been scanned.
- You will be sent to the payment site after filling out all the credentials.
- Through Challans the payment will be made.
- Print the challan now, and send the money to the nearby SBI office to complete the application submission.
PPSC Selection Procedure
PPSC’s selection process is dependent on how well applicants do in the subsequent stages of the test. Every test eliminates applicants, and only those who advance to the final round are chosen for additional posts in the 3 rounds of the PPSC exam: Preliminary, Main, & the Personality Test.
Each group of candidates must pay a different application cost. Below is a table showing the same.
|Category for the Exam
|Fees for Online Application is
|Examination Fee that is charged is
|Total fees that is charged is
|The Unreserved, EWS, and the lineal descendent Punjab ex-service
|One thousand two hundred fifty
|SC or ST or the BCs
|One thousand one hundred fifty
|The Punjab Ex-service category
Guidelines for correctly uploading your sign and photograph for the PPSC Recruitment 2022
Verify your signature & photo after submitting them to the appropriate sections of the online application and carefully study the preview page. Be aware that your application may be rejected if your signature and photo are scanned in an imprecise or unreadable manner.
Norms for Photographs
- The photos you upload must have been obtained within the last six months or so.
- The only acceptable backdrop colour is white, with no blue or other coloured backgrounds allowed.
- The area around it has to be light to make the image that was recorded in the snapshot clear and readable.
- Stop wearing caps and glasses; • Have a reliable scanner scan it.
- A resolution of 100 dpi is possible.
- The size is between 50kb.
Instructions for Signature
- Sketch a rectangle and place a signature within.
- When writing on a pure white sheet, use a black pen.
- Only use block letters when signing your name or your initials.
- The writing ought to be readable and clear.
- Consistently utilise the standard symbols on all governmental identification. Future sign inconsistencies are ensured by doing this.
Advice for Document Scanning
- Because it’s more effective and takes up less space, attempt to scan your papers at 100 dpi whenever possible.
- Decide whether a colour scan is preferred.
- Attempt to save the scanned copy as a JPG or JPEG file rather than a PDF.
- Whenever possible, use the file names image01.jpeg, image01.jpg, image02.jpg, or image.jpeg.
Guidelines for Passing the PPSC Exams:
A lot of students registered for PPSC employment, but now it’s unclear how and what to study for the exams. To ace the PPSC test, we’re going to provide some essential information today. Let’s get going.
- The candidate must be diligent. It will be sufficient to study for two to three hours every day.
- Be familiar with the course syllabus. Prepare the pertinent sections of the associated topic.
- Regularly review your degree programme.
- It would be ideal if you were fully conversant in English, including grammar, conjunctions, sentence structure, and so on.
- Current events and general knowledge ought to be your main priorities.
- Social Media is a waste of time. Concentrate on the most important posts.
- Read prior papers as well as the PPSC papers from last year and solve them.
- Purchase Ilmi, Dogars, and Caravan publications to help you study for the PPSC exam. Whether it was covered in the course at university or not, read every chapter or topic.
- Avoid sitting with someone who will make you feel inferior. Set a goal of obtaining 75 or more points.
- Avoid using the “Tukka” approach of blindly applying it.
- Because the exam is scheduled for the finish of July. So, without wasting time, begin your planning. Less time is available for planning.
- Remain informed of any changes to the syllabus, important subjects, and past papers.
Postings for the aforementioned positions will take place in Punjab.
Yes, it is a permanent hiring process.
The Punjab Public Service Commission, or PPSC, is an independent organisation that works to identify and employ suitable candidates for various posts transparently.
The general category PPSC application cost should be INR 500.
The interview will be scored on a scale of 150.
To be eligible for the position, applicants must receive a score of at least 45%.