Babies are a crucial part of a person’s life. They have a connection to them since pregnancy and embrace it to the fullest. They take care of their babies to a very extent. Parents want to make them healthy and comfortable. Babies have very sensitive skin and can react to products that may have chemicals or may have redness in their skin due to rough baby care products. However, now there are baby care products and brands that are chemicals-free. They have natural and ayurvedic herbs that do not cause allergies or rashes to babies. There are many brands that make sure to have the best baby products for newborns in India. In addition, they offer many products and clothes that are made with special care for the safety of both mother and the baby.
List of Best Baby Products in India
1. Mee Mee
Mee Mee is a popular Indian brand for baby care products. It has many products to cover all the needs of a baby. It is growing to be a very trusted brand. All the products of this brand are made with special care to ensure the best quality products. The brand offers products for both the baby and the mother for their maximum safety and hygiene . Moreover, they offer a wide range of maternity products for mothers which help them take care of their babies and nurture them with care and love. In addition, they are known to have the best baby products for newborns in India.
Products offered my Mee Mee
- Mothers – Breasts pumps, Breast pad, Sling carriers to carry their babies, maternity clothes( dresses, lingerie, etc), mom’s bag to carry stuff in different sizes and designs, etc.
- Nursing infants – Bottles, bottle holders, Sterilizers, knee pads,
- Feeding babies – Cream, shampoo, oil, heat sensing spoons, nail clippers, nappy dispensers, cups milk powder cases, etc
2. Johnson & Johnson – Best baby products in India
This is one of the biggest baby care brands to be ever made. This brand has been in the market for over 100 years. They have been a trusted brand and are always the first brand to come up when someone talks about baby products and care in India. Moreover, they are taking advice and teaming up with mothers worldwide to manufacture gentle and simpler products for babies. The johnson’s baby shampoo and powder are some of the best baby care products in India by this brand. In addition, they have new Cottontouch products which are made of real cotton and ingredients that contain no parabens or sulfates ensuring babies’ safety and smooth skin.
Products offered by Johnson’s & Jonhson’s
- For Newborns – Cottontouch wash and shampoo, Head toe wash, and lotion, Washcloths, Face lotion, massage oil, etc.
- Toddlers – Soothing vapor bath, No more tangles shampoo, Moisture wash, Lotion, bubble bath, skincare wipes, hair oil, baby soap, baby toothbrush, cotton buds, etc
3. Mother Care – Best baby products in India
Mother care is a very famous brand for the products of baby and mother care. Firstly, it focuses mainly on the health of the babies and has the best baby products for newborns. Secondly, they have an affordable price range and a wide variety of the best baby products to choose from in India. In addition, all the products have proven to be non-irritable to the skin of babies and have a very good fragrance. Moreover, they make all sorts of products necessary for toddlers, feeding babies, and mothers all over the world, and have earned a big name. Therefore, they are the best baby care product brand for newborns in India.
Products offered by Mothercare
- Feeding babies – Breastfeeding accessories, Formula milk, Baby wash, and shampoo, lotion, bottle sterilizer, etc
- Toddlers – Cups and beakers, toilet training accessories, disposable nappies, baby wipes, bath sets, high chairs, and all the feeding accessories, etc.
- Mothers – Nipple cream, maternity pads, pregnancy pillows, diaper bags, maternity belts, electric breast pump, lingerie, etc
4. Himalaya Herbal Babycare
Himalaya brand has been a name for herbal and ayurvedic products for adults. However, the brand has also started baby care products and has an extensive range of their products in India. They make ayurvedic products for babies. In addition, there are some special ingredients in Himalaya baby products like olive oil, country mallow which make the products safe and gentle for babies. Moreover, their products are also tear-free and help nourish and soften the baby’s skin. Their products are also of quality and affordable. Therefore, they have proven to be one of the best brands to have baby care products in India.
Products offered by Himalaya baby care
Himalaya mainly offers bath and after bath products for baby care. For example,
- Baby massage oil
- Baby shampoo
- Hair oil
- Gentle baby wipes
- Gentle baby wash
- Diaper rash cream
- Baby lotion
- Baby diaper and total care pants
- Prickly heat baby powder
5. Chicco Pure Bio – Best baby products in India
Chicco brand has made its name in the baby care products market. It keeps the best baby products and has been a trusted brand for many years now. They undergo many tests and make it chemical and paraben-free for the baby’s safety. They manufacture many products and take every step of the test very seriously. The brands offer products that are alcohol and dyes-free that are the best baby products for newborns in India. Moreover, the products have natural ingredients such as almond oil, aloe vera which makes them healthy for babies. In addition, the products are hypoallergenic and very gentle on the baby’s skin. Therefore, for all these reasons they offer the best baby products for newborns.
Products offered by Chicco
- Feeding babies – Bottle warmer, silicone soother, diaper rash cream, liquid talc, cleansing wipes, cotton buds, baby scissors, massage oil, gentle body wash, and shampoo, etc
- Toddlers – Baby stroller, high chairs, nappy change, cups, toys, baby care accessories, baby bath products, etc.
- Mothers – Pregnancy pillows, breast pump, slipcovers, breast pads, decorated soothers, sterilizers, comfy fit, etc.
A Guide for Parents for their Newborns
Get help after Birth
After birth, the period can be very inordinate and restless. While in the hospital talk to the doctors for feeding specialists. They can help you start the process of feeding or nursing. They can also help and show you how to hold, burp, and change for your baby.
For in-home help, you can hire a nurse or ask a relative for help for some time after the birth. Their experience can help you very much.
Handling a Newborn
These are some important things to remember while handling a newborn:
- Always wash your hands before handling your baby. Babies are very fragile and prone to infection. Also, make sure anyone who handles the baby washes their hands.
- While carrying the baby make sure to support their head and neck when holding upright or when you lay them down.
- Always make sure your baby is fastened when in a stroller or a car seat. Also, drive the car very slowly and avoid bumpy or rough areas.
A baby will dirty a diaper about 5-7 times a day. Always keep these things ready so you don’t have to leave the baby unattended o the table;
- Clean diapers
- Clean baby wipes
- Diaper rash cream
After every bowel movement, you should change your baby’s diaper. You should use baby wipes to clean the baby’s genital area. For a boy, remove the diaper slowly and carefully because exposure to air will make them urinate. However, For a girl clean the full area from back to front to avoid Urinary Tract Infection( UTI ). If there are any rashes apply the rash cream. Also always wash your hand after changing the diaper.
To prevent diaper rash;
- Change your baby’s diaper after every bowel movement.
- Softly clean the baby’s area with milk soap and water or wipes. Apply the rash cream soon after. A cream with zinc oxide can be very effective.
- You can also use cloth diapers as they can be gentle and don’t cause rash so often. Wash the cloth in dye and perfume-free detergents.
- After taking the diaper out, let the baby go undiapered for the whole day or at least for some hours for the skin to air out.
Give the baby a sponge bath until the umbilical cord falls out and the belly button has healed off completely. Bathing the baby 2-3 times in the first 6 months or 1 year is enough otherwise it will moisture out the skin.
The items that are required for a baby’s bath are;
- Soft washcloth
- Use light scentless milk soaps or baby wash and shampoo
- Soft brush
- Towels or bathrobe
- Clean diapers and clothes
The above-mentioned brands have the best baby products for newborns in India. They have products that are made with intensive care and hygiene for the baby.
Feeding and burping the baby
A newborn baby needs to be fed every 4-5 hours. If you are breastfeeding, feed the baby from each breast for 10-15 minutes. Some newborns babies have to be awakened for them to be fed. Wake up the baby every 3-4 hours if they are sleeping to feed.
If you are feeding the baby from the bottle, you can easily monitor how much your baby is eating. When the baby is wetting the diaper 5-6 times a day or takes a tool after every feed, gaining weight, and is sleeping well the baby is eating enough.
After eating babies can be fussy or sometimes vomit the food so make sure to burp them as soon as they finish feeding. Try and burp your baby every time you change the breast to feed. If the babby is gassing burp them after very 5 minutes while breastfeeding. Keep the baby upright for about 10 minutes qfter every feed to avoid spitting up.
Newborns sleep for about 16 hours or more in a day. They sleep for 3-4 hours in a period and typically don’t sleep at night. Babies’ digestive system is very small so they needed to be fed every 3-4 hours and awakened if they are sleeping for their feed.
While sleeping baby always has to put on their backs to avoid SIDS( Sudden Infant Death Syndrome). Other measures to remember while they are sleeping is to not use blankets or quilts on the crib as it may suffocate the baby. In addition, alternate the position of the baby’s head from left to right and vice versa.
FAQs Regarding Baby Care Brands in India
Newborns can feel the heat in summers and are prone to rashes. Therefore, coconut oil is the best oil to massage. It is less allergic and cooling to babies.
Diapers should only be used when needed. In addition, between changes, the genital area should be cleaned with wipes and left to dry in the air. In addition, always use alcohol-free wipes before putting on the diaper. While at home using a cotton nappy instead of a diaper will be the best. Use protective cream with zinc oxide if any rashes occur.
A newborn baby should not be bathed frequently. They need only 2-3 soapy baths in a week. In addition, you can give them a sponge bath or put them in a tub to soak and rinse off the messes. However, as the baby becomes mobile and starts eating solids only then you can decide to bathe them more often.
Editor’s Note | Best Baby Products in India
In conclusion, babies have very sensitive skin and they are prone to even the slightest of chemicals or any product for a fact. These brands make their products with intensive care and paraben-free. Brands like Himalaya and Chicco use natural ingredients like almond oil, aloe vera to make the products the best for the baby. Moreover, they test the products to be tear-free. The products help nourish and soften the baby’s skin. They have a wide range of products for both the baby and the mother. In addition, the brands have products for mothers for their pregnancy and after birth, to make them comfortable. Some brands are affordable and offer a wide variety of products and quantities. Therefore, these are the best baby products brand in India.