Few things can match the joy of teaching a young, impressionable child and turning them into a thoughtful, determined person over time. Teaching is a noble profession and probably one of the most gratifying jobs in the world.
We all have a lesson or two that we can teach our friends, family, and the younger ones. However, to become a teacher professionally is a different ball game. Anyone aspiring to be a professional teacher will need to pursue B.Ed. (Bachelor in Education) first.
List of Best B.Ed Courses in Delhi
|1. Lady Shri Ram College for Women (LSR), New Delhi||Complete Course - Rs 20,000||a. 011 26434459
|2. Kasturi Ram College of Higher Education, Delhi(Krche||Complete Course - Rs 40,000||a. +91 8802841785
|3. Lady Irwin College, New Delhi||Complete Course - Rs 40,000||a. 011 23711222
|4. Maharshi Valmiki College of Education (MVCE)||Complete Course - Rs 16,820||a. 011 22085191
|5. Jamla Millia islamia (JMI), New Delhi||Complete Course - Rs 9000||a. 011 26981717
1. LADY SHRI RAM COLLEGE FOR WOMEN (LSR), NEW DELHI
LSR is one of the most well-known colleges in Delhi, which offers various UG and PG curriculum in multiple fields, including courses in B.Ed. The college is a constituent of the all-famous DU (Delhi University). Established in 1956, the institute has been accredited A+ by NAAC (National Assessment and Accreditation Council).
The college offers all modern facilities to its students like an auditorium, library, recreation room, seminar hall, entrepreneurship cell, etc.
- It has also been ranked as 4th in Arts, 10th in Science, and 3rd in Commerce category by India Today, 2020. The college also gets top ranking in The Week and annual NIRF (National Institutional Ranking Forum) surveys.
- It also offers numerous scholarship programs to its students who belong to lower economic backgrounds.
- Multiple collaborations with universities from abroad for both UG and PG students. Faculty and student exchange programs are conducted periodically through these associations.
- A dedicated placement cell that works with many big MNC’s which includes companies like Boston Consulting Group, Bain & Co, Kepler Canon, etc.
ADDRESS: Lajpat Nagar, IV, New Delhi
2. KASTURI RAM COLLEGE OF HIGHER EDUCATION, DELHI (KRCHE)
Established in 2005, KRCHE strives to give excellent journalism, teaching, management, and academics students. It is an ISO-9001-2008 certified college.
The college is massive and spacious. The campus has dedicated halls for each department. It also has other amenities like a library, recreation room, canteen, computer rooms, etc.
- The college provides scholarships to people who belong to SC/ST, OBC groups, and economically weaker sections.
- It has been accredited B+ by NAAC (National Assessment and Accreditation Council).
- The placement cell works closely with the students and corporates to ensure high turnout in placement activities year after year. The college itself also organizes internships and summer training.
- The average salary of students for 2020-21 is 4.5 lakh per annum.
- Frequent field visits are done so that students understand the actual work environment and prepare themselves accordingly.
ADDRESS: Narela Mandi, Narela, New Delhi
3. LADY IRWIN COLLEGE, NEW DELHI
A constituent college of Delhi University, Lady Irwin College provides courses for PG and UG students, including B.Ed. courses. It was founded in 1932 to educate women and turn them into entrepreneurs and professionals in major companies.
The college is fully equipped with facilities like Wi-Fi, hostels, canteen, library, medical ward, computer room, sports room, etc.
- The college is accredited grade A+ by NAAC (National Assessment and Accreditation Council).
- Ranked 32 at the national level by NIRF (National Institutional Ranking Forum).
- The placement cell organizes mass recruitment drives where 25-30 colleges take part. These drives can be for internships and also full-time jobs too.
- 100% placement record over the years, which includes recruitment partners like Nestle, Perfetti, FRAC, TQS Global, etc.
- The college has multiple scholarship programs under its wings for both meritorious and economically weak students.
ADDRESS: Sikandra Road, New Delhi
4.MAHARISHI VALMIKI COLLEGE OF EDUCATION (MVCE)
MVCE was established in 1995 as a constituent college of Delhi University. Its main course program was B.Ed. for students from Humanities and Social Science categories. It strives to prepare students who wish to pursue a career in teaching and other associated work. It tries to impart every aspiring educator’s value and technical knowledge to become an effective teacher down the line.
The college has modern amenities like a library, resource lab, science lab, psychology lab, gyms, canteen, etc.
- A+ grade accredited by NAAC (National Assessment and Accreditation Council).
- Students are trained not merely to become graduates but to become competent educators.
- Field visits and seminars are conducted periodically to condition the students effectively.
- The placement cell conducts training for the students frequently so they can face interviews.
- Collaboration with many other universities which specialize in the field of education. This allows student exchange programs and conducting live projects between them universities students.
ADDRESS: Geeta Colony, New Delhi
5.JAMIA MILLIA ISLAMIA (JMI), NEW DELHI
Established in the year 1920, JMI began with modest means. The institute provides UG and PG programs in various fields, including B.Ed. The college strives to provide the best education to its student for a very nominal fee structure. It also offers scholarships to its students based on merit and financial backgrounds.
The campus university is big and has modern amenities like hostels, seminar halls, auditorium, library, common room, canteen, etc.
- JMI is graded A+ by NAAC (National Assessment and Accreditation Council).
- The university hosts various programs with international universities to foster the exchange of knowledge and cultural assimilation.
- It is ranked 16th in the overall category and 10th amongst top universities in India by NIRF 2020 (National Institutional Ranking Forum).
- Its placement cell has an exceptional connection with the biggest MNC’s in the market. 52 companies participated in the recruitment drive in 2020.
- The highest package of 41 lakh and an average salary of 5 lakh per annum was clocked in 2020.
ADDRESS: Jamia Nagar, New Delhi
6.KAMAL INSTITUTE OF HIGHER EDUCATION AND ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY (KIHEAT)
KIHEAT was founded in 2001 by the late O.P Tandon. The institute’s main objective is to provide a pool of trained professionals in various fields while keeping the cost minimum. The institute lays a great emphasis on providing exposure to students in multiple industries.
The college is affiliated with Indraprastha University. The college is a residential campus with all the modern amenities for a comfortable stay in the college campus itself. Spacious classrooms, fully equipped computer labs, seminar halls, common room, backup power, gym, etc.
- It has been awarded the prestigious Indian Global Star Award for its education service.
- The college is accredited by NCTE (National Council for Teacher Education).
- Accorded as the winner of the World Education Award.
- The university recognizes multiple scholarship awards.
- Placement for 2020 hit a high of 7.6 lakh per annum with an average of 4.5 lakh per annum. Recruitment partners like IBM, Quess, HDFC Bank, Fidelity, Genpact visit the college year after year.
ADDRESS: K1 Extension, Mohan Garden, Near Nawada & Dwarka Mor Metro Station, Uttam Nagar, New Delhi.
7.JESUS AND MARY COLLEGE (JMC), NEW DELHI
Jesus and Mary College was founded in 1968 by the Sisters of Jesus and Mary Congregation. It is affiliated with Delhi University. The college started with only one course in the offering. Since then, it has expanded its offering and provides various courses at UG and PG levels. JMC is also the study centre of IGNOU. It also has a Non-Collegiate Women’s Education Board (NCWEB) centre on its premises.
The college is spread over 14 acres of land with all the modern facilities at its disposal. They have an amphitheatre, sports ground, laboratories, library, and various other amenities for the student within their campus.
- NAAC (National Assessment and Accreditation Council) A+ accredited.
- Ranked 23rd in Commerce category by The Week 2020.
- JMC has collaborations with Indian and foreign universities for various exchange programs and live projects.
- One of the pioneers in starting a placement cell back in 1998.
- The placement cell organizes workshops, training, and counselling sessions for its students to get them job-ready.
- Its placement partners include Deloitte, EY, KPMG, Wipro, ICICI Bank, etc. Its highest salary hit 6.5 lakh per annum till date.
ADDRESS: San Martin Marg, Bapu Dham, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi
8.DELHI UNIVERSITY (DU), NEW DELHI
DU is a premier university known for its distinguished history in academic excellence for decades. It was founded in 1922. It has two major functions; to manage the academic departments of its campus and the affiliated colleges.
DU offers a wide range of courses for UG, PG, and PhD students. It also offers various add-on programs in addition to the regular ones. DU is spread across 69 acres of land, which covers many kinds of terrains. Its campus is divided into four parts for better administration work.
- UGC recognizes DU as an Institute of Excellence.
- It holds one of the top spots in the country as per the Centre for World University Ranking (CWUR).
- NAAC (National Assessment and Accreditation Council) Grade A+ awarded to the college.
- Ranked 8th position by NIRF 2021 (National Institutional Ranking Forum).
- DU has MOU’s (Memorandum of Understanding) with some of the best international universities for student and faculty exchange programs.
- Its placement cells engage the students with various workshops, seminars, and training sessions to prepare them for recruitment drives.
ADDRESS: Benito Juarez Marg, South Campus, South Moti Bagh, New Delhi.
9.GD GOENKA UNIVERSITY (GDGU), GURGAON
GDGU is one of the top-ranking private universities in Delhi. With 26 years in education, GDGU has made a mark for itself and has been acknowledged by many bodies for offering a world-class knowledge base and facilities to its students.
The university is recognized by UGC (University Grants Commission) and NCTE (National Council for Teacher Education). The university is spread over 60 acres of land. Its premises are ultra-modern and loaded with state-of-the-art equipment.
- Awarded GEM Certified Sustainable Building by ASSOCHAM (The Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry) 2020.
- Best Upcoming Private University by ASSOCHAM (The Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry).
- Featured by Forbes Magazine India under “Great Indian Institutes”
- The university has over 20 tie-ups with international universities.
- The placement cell works tirelessly to bring recruitment partners in from all fields. Naukri.com, Decathlon, WNS, NDTV, Concentrix, and Adidas are some of the regulars of the university.
ADDRESS: Sohna Gurgaon Road, Sohna, Haryana.
10.LINGAYAS VIDYAPEETH, FARIDABAD
Lingayas Vidyapeeth is a deemed university established in 2009. The university is NAAC accredited. It offers courses in various disciplines for both UG and PG students. The campus covers almost 30 acres of land, which is well equipped with all modern amenities for its students, including a swimming pool.
- The university has numerous industry tie-ups which facilitate student’s exposure to the real work environment.
- Multiple international collaborations facilitate student exchange programs.
- 100 plus placement partners for 2020-21 recruitment drive. 84% of students were placed.
- The average package of 3.5 lakh per annum, with the highest package touching 16 lakhs per annum.
ADDRESS: Nachauli, Jasana Rd, Old Faridabad.
PHONE: +91 8447744303.
Every institution mentioned in this article is a highly recommended college to choose from. They come with many years of experience in education with excellent results and, based on your choice, decide the best institute for your career.
FAQs Regarding B.ED COLLEGES IN DELHI
Some institutes will accept students based on their mark sheet from class 12th standard.
That depends on what you are opting for. B.Ed. is sufficient for being a lecturer in most colleges. If you wish to become a professor or a doctorate, further higher education is required.
You will have to work in the field during your graduation.
You can specialize in a specific subject matter during your tenure.
Most colleges follow a distinct course work despite being affiliated with the same university.
As long as it is from a government-recognized university.
PG course such as D.Ed. Diploma in Education, Basic Training Certificate (BTC), and Teacher Training Certificate (TTC) need to be completed for a better job prospect.
You can get a job in a government school with a B.Ed. degree.
Most of the jobs will be entry-level only. For better job prospects, you will need better degrees.
Although, the minimum age limit is 21.