Are you searching for the best Hospital in Mumbai? We understand that each one of us looks for the best health care institution for our health. So, we have listed some of the top-rated and best hospitals in the city of Mumbai.
These hospitals are known for their dedicated facilities, such as nursing staff, medical infrastructure, and the service they provide to the patients and various family support programs and various treatment procedures.
The top 7 hospitals in Mumbai are enumerated as under.
1. Lilavati Hospital and Research Centre
Lilavati Hospital and Research Centre is one of the best multi-speciality care hospital in Mumbai, established in 1997 that has been acknowledged nationally and internationally for its medical excellence. It provides state-of-the-art facilities with the best medical expertise, research and education.
· It has an accommodation of 323 beds.
· They have one of the largest numbers of Intensive Care Units (ICUs).
· Well-equipped with the 12 most advanced Operation theatres. (OTs)
· Large number of health care staff: over 300 consultants and nearly 1800 staff.
· The Hospital provides treatment to around 300 in-patients and 1,500 out-patients daily.
Address: Lilavati Hospital & Research Centre, A-791, Bandra Reclamation, Bandra (W), Mumbai.
Contact details– 022 2656 8063/ 2656 8064
Know more about their services at Lilavati Hospital & Research Centre | Top Multi Speciality Hospital in India
2. Bombay Hospital
Bombay Hospital and Medical Research Centre, popularly known as Bombay Hospital or BHMRC, is one of the oldest private hospitals in Mumbai that was founded in 1950 by R. D. Birla. It is also associated with the R D Birla International Cardiac Centre.
· Capacity of 830 beds, out of which 110 are for critical care as well as a recovery area.
· 22 well-equipped operation theatres.
· Huge number of staff: 3,200 full-time employees, 240 eminent consultants and 200 resident doctors.
· Each year, 1,800 surgeries and 4,000 angiographies/angioplasties are conducted
· The department of neurosurgery and neurology has 4 specialized OTs, while the department of orthopaedics has 5 dedicated OTs.
Address: Jahangir Mansion, Cinema Road, Dhobitalao, Marine Line, Kalbadevi Road, Mumbai.
Contact details: 022 2206 7676, 022 40511111
Know more about their services at Bombay Hospital – India’s Best Multispeciality Hospital in Mumbai
3. Jaslok Hospital
Jaslok Hospital is one of the top-rated private hospitals in Mumbai, catering for the best health care for over 43 years. They have a globally renowned set of doctors in their extraordinary expertise who are empathetic and caring. They have well-trained and compassionate nurses.
· It is a 364-bedded hospital.
· They provide affordable yet world-class health care services.
· The Hospital has high success rates in procedures like renal transplants, laser prostatectomy, laparoscopic donor nephrectomy, knee and hip replacements.
· Jaslok group also provides free or subsidized care to the needy.
Address: 15, Dr. Deshmukh Marg, Pedder Road, Mumbai.
Contact details: 022 2353 3333
Know more about their services at Home (jaslokhospital.net)
4. P. D. Hinduja National Hospital & Medical Research Centre
P. D. Hinduja National Hospital and Medical Research Centre is one of the most renowned hospitals in Mumbai with an ultra-modern medical facility, founded 50 years ago by Parmanand Deepchand Hinduja. In alliance with Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH), Boston, USA, it provides the finest healthcare facility to patients worldwide.
· The Hospital provides an in-patient capacity of 342 beds, including 53 critical-care beds.
· The in-patient services have a day centre and out-patient facilities with an exclusive centre for health-check for executives.
· There are over 70 hospital-based specialized consultants to initiate treatment without any delay.
· They cover multiple specialities such as Cardiology, Cardiothoracic Surgery, Neurology, Neurosurgery, Orthopedics, Oncology and many more.
Address: Veer Savarkar Marg, Mahim, Mumbai.
Contact details: 022-3981 8181/6766 8181
Know more about their services at Best Multispecialty Health Care Hospital in Mumbai, India – P. D. Hinduja Hospital
5. Breach Candy Hospital
Breach Candy Hospital is one of the best private hospitals located on the coastline of South Mumbai, providing excellent healthcare facilities in the last 50 years. It is known for its expertise and excellence in medical and nursing care. The Hospital is bestowed with a panel of distinguished doctors.
· It has one of the highest nurse-patient ratios (in the city) in the wards and ICUs.
· High-tech procedures such as Coronary Angioplasty, Magnetic Resonance Imaging, Hysteroscopy were first performed in this Hospital.
· The Hospital was acknowledged as a leader in interventional cardiology.
· The services like out-patient clinics, preventive health checks, dialysis unit, physiotherapy, etc., are provided here.
· The Charity Wing of the Hospital helps treat the poor at a nominal charge or free of cost.
Address: Breach Candy Hospital Trust, 60 A Bhulabhai Desai Road, Mumbai.
Contact details: 22 – 23667949, 22 – 23667788, 22 – 23671888
Know more about their services at Home (breachcandyhospital.org)
6. Dr L H Hiranandani Hospital
Dr L H Hiranandani Hospital is one of the top Private Hospitals in Mumbai. They provide extraordinary medical infrastructure as well as advanced and complex surgical procedures to their patients. The surgeons are highly skilled in their respective fields.
· The Hospital has a capacity of 240 beds with an excellent Bed-to-Space ratio of 1:1250 sq. ft.
· The nurses here are highly skilled and internationally trained.
· It is one of the first hospitals in India to receive accreditation from the National Accreditation Board for Hospitals and Healthcare Providers (NABH).
· All the hospital beds can be directly monitored from ICU / ICCU.
· The speciality section includes Advanced Cancer Care, Centre for Advanced Dental Surgery, Physical Rehabilitation and Sports Medicine Centre and Ophthalmology Centre.
Address: Hiranandani Hospital Road, Hillside Avenue, Hiranandani Gardens, Powai, Mumbai
Contact details: 022 2576 3333
Know more about their services at Best Doctors in Mumbai | Best Hospitals in Thane India | Powai (hiranandanihospital.org)
7. Kohinoor Hospital
Kohinoor Hospital is also one of the best hospitals in Mumbai. With the latest equipment and technology, the Hospital provides the best health care services. The team of highly skilled healthcare professionals dispense top-notch quality treatment to the patients.
· Hospital is well-equipped with the latest infrastructure and technology. · It is the world’s second LEED Platinum certified Hospital.
· The Hospital has an in-patient capacity of 175 beds and 27 bedded ICU, and 6 beds in Emergency.
· The blood bank facility, MRI & CT scanning, and ambulance services are available round the clock.
· Special centres for prompt care of stroke, high-risk pregnancies are also available.
Address: Kirol Road, Off LBS Road, Kurla (West), Mumbai, Maharashtra 400070 India
Contact details: +91 7210699000
Know more about their services at Kohinoor Hospitals
The list starts from Lilavati hospital, Bombay hospital and jaslok Hospital, But the final verdict should be based on one’s own discretion. Let’s find out more with a quick glance at this article.
All of the hospitals mentioned above provide online booking facilities.
If you want to prepone or postpone your appointment, then all you need to do is go to their website and directly contact the Hospital to make the necessary changes in your appointment.
A follow-up is planned while getting discharged according to the diagnostic reports, treatments provided, medication, diet advisory, etc.
To know about a particular hospital, you need to visit their website and read about the specific Hospital from the “about us” section.
It solely depends on the Hospital’s policy regulation for the patients. However, many hospitals have an in-pharmacy facility within the premises for you to buy medicines and consumables.
When a patient is shifted to ICU, the cabin has to be vacated.
Yes, the above-listed hospitals do have canteen or restaurants inside the hospital compound itself.
The average check-in and check-out timing to book a patient’s bed may vary between 11:00 am to 11:30 pm.