India is currently facing one of the deadliest waves of the coronavirus pandemic. The situations are pretty tricky, and therefore, it is essential to have a basic understanding of various essentials like medicines, medical devices, health facilities etc.
One such medical device is the Pulse Oximeter. It is a device that helps measure the oxygen levels in human blood, also known as the oxygen saturation level. It is a non-invasive device that instantly detects even the slight changes in the oxygen levels in the human body.
Until 2019, the usage of Oximeter was limited to the healthcare sector. But the period since 2020 has seen a massive surge in the sales of Oximeter devices.
Today, it can be found in a majority of Indian households. A good-quality Oximeter can be very useful in diagnosing how efficiently the heart is supplying oxygen throughout the body.
Now that we have stated the usefulness of an Oximeter device, let us help further in choosing amongst the 10 best brands currently available in India.
List of Best Pulse Oximeters in India
1. Hasley Pulse Oximeter Fingertip
This is one of the most premium priced Oximeters on our list and one of the best-rated products, having more than 66% of consumers giving it a 5 star rating. The Hersey Pulse Oximeter provides an output of upto 24 hours of continuous battery life. The device has a simple, sleek and aesthetic design which makes it one of the most best-designed Oximeters in the market.
- Accurately determinesthe SpO2 and pulse rates in 5 seconds, and the readings are made for 30 seconds.
- Large and rotatable OLED multidirectional display.
- One button operation design makes oxygen saturation monitoring simple and convenient to use.
- Automatically shuts down when not in use.
- It runs on two AAA batteries.
- Approved by FDA&CE.
Price: Rs. 1,700
2. Dr Trust Signature Series Fingertip Pulse Oximeter With Audio Visual Alarm
This non-invasive medical device from the house of Dr Trust is a highly effective Oximeter that shows readings in just 6 seconds. The device is manufactured using hypoallergenic latex-free material, to ensure no allergic reaction for patients having sensitive skin.
- The product is designed to withstand accidental splashes of water.
- Large rotatable multidirectionaldigital bright OLED display.
- Accommodates a various ranges of finger sizes.
- Runs on two AAA batteries and has an automatic shut-off feature.
- Approved by FDA&CE.
Price: Rs. 3,750
3. BPL Smart Oxy Fingertip Pulse Oximeter
This product of BPL Medical Technologies is a must-have during these COVID times. This oximeter model from BPL offers 20 hours of continuous battery life and features an alert system that alerts the users in case of extreme lows or highs.
- Measures blood oxygen concentration with a minimum deviation of +/-2%.
- Features a color OLED screen.
- Has a four-directional display which provides aclear view of SpO2,PR and Perfusion Index.
- Equipped with two AAA batteries, the Oximeter automatically shuts off when not in use.
Price: Rs. 2,249
4. HealthSense Accu-Beat FP 910 Fingertip Pulse Oximeter
HealthSense has manufactured this medical device while taking all requisite medical precautions. It has been manufactured using medical-grade silicone and is latex-free for preventing any allergic reaction.
- DisplaysSpO2, Perfusion Index (PI), Pulse rate along with a Plethysmograph in just 8 seconds.
- Hassle-free single button operation for measuring and setting alarm & sound features.
- Auto sleep mode after 8 seconds of inactivity.
- Dual coloured, four directional OLED screen with Optical Detection Technology.
Price: Rs. 1,499
5. Beurer PO30 Pulse Oximeter
This Oximeter device offered by Beurer is useful for patients suffering from diseases like heart failure, bronchial asthma and other heart ailments. Its design makes it an ideal choice for high-altitude sports and athletes.
- LED screen featuring four graphic display formats.
- Low battery indicator and auto-switch off for effective power saving.
- Extra small and portable with a weight of only 2 ounces.
- Operates on two 1.5 volt AAA batteries.
Price: Rs. 1,705
6. Dr Odin Pulse Oximeter Fingertip+PI FS20E
It is a very reliable pulse Oximeter from Dr Odin, which gives an accurate reading of blood oxygen level, pulse rate and PI in a period of 10 seconds. Having a finger chamber with smart spring system, this device is suitable for all ages.
- Features SpO2, PR display, PR waveform and bar-graph display.
- Has a six display mode which also gives a low battery warning.
- Equipped with a pulse sound function that alerts the user.
- Operates on two AAA batteries.
Price: Rs. 1,499
7. Choicemmed MD300C29Pulse Oximeter
Choicemmed Oximeters are an excellent choice for everyone aged above 12 years.It features a robust design which is suitable for rough usage, including mountain climbing, cycling, or other physical exercises.
- Has a dual-coloured OLED display for easy understanding of SpO2 and pulse.
- Automatically turns off after 5 seconds of usage to avoid battery consumption.
- It can read and display up to 100% for SpO2.
- Low power consumption with real-time battery status indicator.
Price: Rs. 1,125
8. Rossmax Fingertip Pulse Oximeter SB200
This Oximeter device offered by Rossmax is suitable for patients suffering from diseases like heart failure, bronchial asthma and other heart ailments. Its design makes it an ideal choice for high-altitude sports and athletes.
- Comes embedded with Artery Check Technology (ACT).
- Instant readings of SpO2, pulse rate and artery condition in 60seconds.
- Features a shielded design which blocks ambient light.
- Manufactured with biocompatibility &anti-allergic features.
Price: Rs. 3,850
9. AccuMed CMS-50D1 Fingertip Pulse Oximeter
This Oximeter offered by AccuMed fits all finger sizes from kids above four years old to adults. Having a weight of only 50 grams, this device comes in a convenient travel case that protects it from scratches when carried on its own or inside your gym bag or backpack.
- Autorotation feature that displays results in portrait or landscape formats.
- Measures the level of oxygen in the blood and reads the pulse rate in just eight to ten seconds.
- Has an LED display cover featurethatprevents ambient light washout, making readings crisp and clear.
- Equipped with two AAA batteries, it automatically powers off when not in use and delivers up to 20 continuous hours of battery life.
- The device is FDA registered.
Price: Rs. 2,186
10. Accurate 500C Elite Fingertip Pulse Oximeter
The device is an elite version of the Amazon top-rated Pro Series 500DL pulse Oximeter range. It measures SpO2 values and pulse rate accurately and reliably. The device is handy for mountain climbers, skiers, bikers or anyone sports enthusiasts interested in measuring their SpO2 and pulse rate.
- It has an auditory alarm to warn when the SpO2 and Pulse Rate are beyond set limits.
- Has a Finger chamber with SMART Spring System.
- OLED display includes Plethysmograph.
- Comes with a silicon cover to protect the device from dirt and damage.
- The device has been manufactured according to the standards set for pulse sports and aviation oximeters.
Price: Rs. 1,999
FAQs for pulse oximeters
1. Can ambient light interfere with the readings of pulse oximeter?
Yes, the ambient light containing the red spectrum can interfere with accuratereadings from a pulse oximeter.
2. How do I know if my oximeter device?
The pulse display should be within three beatsper 60 seconds of the display on the cardiac monitor. The bar pulse display or pulsewaveform must cover half of the total display which will indicate an accurate reading.
3. What is the purpose of an oximeter device?
It is a non-invasive device for monitoring oxygen saturation and heart rate. It helps determine if the heart is pumping the required level of oxygen in to the blood.
4. How should an oximeter be used?
Fix the oximeter around the fingertip with the display facing you. Then press the button that switches on the device and wait for a few seconds for your blood oxygen level reading to stabilise. Do not to move the finger excessively.
5. What is the accuracy of oximeter devices?
Oximeter devices provide readings accurate within two percent of the blood oxygen saturation levels.
6. How often should I use an oximeter and measure my blood oxygen level?
Please consult a doctor. Based on your health conditions, the doctor will advise on how often you should check blood oxygen levels.
7. Are oximeter devices waterproof?
Not all oximeters are waterproof. Check technical specifications to see if your brand of oximeter is waterproof or not.
8. What is a healthy reading of oxygen blood level?
Healthy blood oxygen level reading should be above 95%.
The current corona pandemic has brought a pulse oximeters necessity to the fore. People are actively and conveniently checking their blood oxygen levels the moment they feel something wrong with their health. Earlier this was not possible at home due to oximeters being available only at healthcare facilities. But today, companies have come up with various pocket-size brand oximeter devices, which makes anytime oxygen level monitoring quite convenient. Hence it makes sense to get hold of one today and keep it handy in your home, because you never know when you might need it.