In this generation of easy & quick-ready shave kits, if you view your shaving chore as an aesthetic ritual, exotic-priced razor brand products are the way to go. There are razor brands whose products are so priced that a usual barber can purchase a range of products for his saloon at the cost of one such razor.
Beheld as jewels in the men’s shaving market, we present to you below 7 such branded razors, which will strike you with awe at the bare mention of their price only.
Read on, and who knows, you might end up having the wish on your bucket list to own one of these someday.
Best Razor for Men in India
1. Edwin Jagger Safety Razor
Thanks to its two-part die cast and hand-polished chrome-plated blade head, this razor has great looks and supreme efficacy.
- The triple-plated handle has a blue-white scratch-resistant chrome plating on the head components.
- The handle is capped with a chrome-plated end cap detailing, and the Edwin Jagger name has been embossed into the chrome-plated collar as a mark of authenticity.
- The razor provides a shaving angle that is gentle on all skin types thanks to precision engineering.
- This product comes with five free high-performance Derby double edge blades.
Price: Rs. 7,939
2. Wahl Professional 8051 5 Star Series Razor Edger
This 5-Star Razor Edger is designed to provide sharp, precise, and clean results as expected by the user.
- It is powered by a robust electromagnetic motor, which doesn’t allow heat to build up while running.
- The ergonomic shape of the razor makes for a comfortable shaving experience.
- The handle is designed to make it easy to grip and wield.
- This razor set includes a pro set tool, three T-blade guards, oil, a cleaning brush, operating instructions and a red blade guard.
- It is integrated with an eight-foot-long professional-grade, chemical resistant power cord.
Price: Rs. 11,693
3. Feather Artist Club SS Scotch Wood Folding Straight Razor
Get rid of the fear of putting a razor-sharp blade to your throat if you want this one in your grooming kit. This razor is made of SUS317 stainless steel, which provides a smooth shaving experience and is also heat and chemical resistant.
- The rounded head gently pushes the skin down and disperses optimal pressure at the blade tip, thus reducing the risk of injuries.
- The blade head is designed as a spring-mounted and one-touch mechanism, making it easy to dismantle and reassemble for cleaning purposes.
- The wooden handle is made of a non-endangered wood species, which is environment friendly.
Price: Rs. 27,779
4. Vikings Blade the Chieftain Safety Razor
The name is quite rebelled in the quality safety razor category and is enough to make for a great shaving experience.
- Made from the finest Swedish materials, the patented micro-comb system ensures a smooth shave with no injuries or irritation.
- It is a weighted razor that has been hand-crafted from a blend of brass & bronze and is chrome coated.
- The blades can be changed with minimal effort, thanks to the advanced butterfly head.
- It is packed in a stylish case with a mirror encased within.
- It comes with five raw, unbranded and unpolished super sharp platinum-coated Swedish made steel blades.
Price: Rs. 6,029
5. Dovo Straight Razor
Steep price tag? Well, it is an investment that’s worth it when it comes to a razor that will last a lifetime.
- The quality and performance are associated with precision and quality one associates with German engineering.
- The three-inch blade is crafted from a single piece of carbonized steel, which simply glides through your whiskers effortlessly.
- Pre-honed and stropped along with its carry case, you definitely won’t regret investing in this piece of equipment once you get the hang of shaving with a straight razor.
Price: Rs. 22,665
6. Bolin Webb X1 Nero Razor
If there ever was such a thing as a luxury in men’s grooming kit, this razor is undoubtedly it. This X1 razor from Bolin Webb has been inspired by the look and design of Aston Martin cars, which will interest the design enthusiasts.
- The razor has a sleek black finish with a lacquered metal coat, which is available in various colours.
- The razor base is encased with bacteria-resistant rubber that promotes hygiene while giving it a good grip.
- It comes with a Gillette Fusion 5 blades’ fitment.
Price: Rs. 6,975
7. Schick Hydro 5 Sense
One of the most efficient and rugged to overlook in the budget premium-priced category is the Schick Hydro 5 razor design integration with five ultra-glide blades.
- It is equipped with skin guards to smoothen the skin and reduce irritation while shaving.
- The flip trimmer feature provides easy access to tricky terrain areas like the upper lip or chin
- The trimmer can be engaged with just a flick of the thumb, making it much easier to shave hard-to-reach areas.
- The handle has a high gloss coloured chrome coating with soft-touch rubber that provides a firm grip.
Price: Rs. 4,658
FAQs | Best Premium Shaving Razor for Men in India
In the premium category, a close shave depends on the quality of the blade rather than the number. Some of the razors mentioned above are single-bladed, which vouch for their quality.
The frequency of changing the razor blades depends on the hair texture but, usually, you should aim to switch razor blades after as little as four to five shaves.
Men with sensitive skin should wet the skin & beard before shaving, which helps soften the hairs. Also, after shaving, pat the areas dry instead of rubbing with a towel.
Usually, the majority of every shave should be done in the direction of hair growth, i.e. with the grain. Occasionally, shaving against the grain is required to get tough-to-reach or stubborn areas at the end of a shave.
It is recommended that the razor should be angled at about 30 degrees. A lower angle of 15-20 degrees might be too aggressive on the skin, while a higher grade of 60 or more degrees will tear the hair.
It generally takes a couple of times to get the hang of it. In case you get a couple of nicks, remain patient and rub an alum block. Once you feel comfortable, you’ll be more accustomed to choose this route.
Travel with a safety razor in your travel kit, and it is essential to ensure that all blades are left safely stored in the luggage. A straight razor can be included in the carry bag. Avoid loading a blade into the razor.
A range of razor models is available in the market, which is designed to suit different hair textures and skin types. There is no particular answer as to which is the best since different body types require other razors.
Having a clean-shaven look is the most basic method of men’s grooming for ages. Yes, the trend has set in for keeping a trimmed stubble or beard, but that does not outdate the clean-shaven look. Having a premium-priced shaving kit with a razor worth its price in gold is for the rich “shaukeens”. They are made with world-class materials and last a lifetime. If you covet for such a razor more than what Queen Elizabeth cares for her crown, then we suggest for one of the above and simply delve into the experience of how an emperor feels while getting his royal shave. Happy shaving!