Cardiology is a medical specialization and a stream of internal medicine concerned with disorders of the heart and deals with the diagnosis and treatment of various heart-related conditions, including coronary artery disease, congenital heart defects, electrophysiology, heart failure, and valvular heart disease. Cardiologists diagnose and treat patients with diseases and weaknesses related to the heart and blood vessels (i.e. the cardiovascular system).
Cardiologists today are increasingly becoming indispensable in diagnosing and treating various cardiac conditions, given the role of today’s fast-paced and unhealthy lifestyles, which contribute to unhealthy heart conditions. Some of India’s most famous cardiac specialists are located in Delhi NCR and are known for their specialized care in virtually all aspects of cardiology.
We will be featuring 10 such Delhi NCR-based cardiologists, in our article below, who have made invaluable contributions in the field of cardiac healthcare by dint of their knowledge and expertise.
Best Cardiologist in Delhi with Contact Details
|1.Dr Vanita Arora||a.+91-9873879994
|2.Dr Naresh Trehan||a.+91-9971644444
|3.Dr Purushotam Lal||a.+91-9818754788
|4.Dr Ashish Agarwal||a.+91-9910323802
|5.Dr. Gaurav Agrawal||a.+91-11-30403040
|8.Dr. S.K. Sinha||a.+91-9811321668
|9.Dr. Ganesh Shivnani||a.+91-9910298665
1. Dr. Vanita Arora – Best Cardiologist in Delhi
She is known as the first female electrophysiologist of India. Dr. Vanita Arora is recognized as a pioneer in female Cardiac Electrophysiologist in India.
- Her medical career spans over two decades, and she is currently the Senior Consultant Cardiac Electrophysiologist & Interventional Cardiologist at Apollo Hospital, Delhi.
- She is recognized as the first in the Asia Pacific region to do the live case of a leadless pacemaker at the TCT India conference in 2016.
- She is also specialized in pacemaker implantation, ACID implantation, Radiofrequency ablation, Arrhythmias, amongst others.
Hospital Attached: Apollo Hospital, Delhi
+91 98738 79994
2. Dr. Naresh Trehan – Best Cardiac Surgeon in Delhi
Dr. Naresh Trehan is recognized as a globally renowned cardiovascular and cardiothoracic surgeon. He has been awarded the prestigious Padma Bhushan and the Padma Shri by the Indian Government. Dr. Trehan has over five decades of medical work experience in cardiovascular surgery and has performed over 48,000 successful open-heart surgeries in his career.
- He specializes in cardiovascular surgery, cardiothoracic surgery, minimally invasive cardiac surgery and heart transplant.
- Currently, he is the Chairman and Managing Director of Medanta – The Medicity, located in Gurgaon.
Hospital Attached: Medanta-the Medicity, Gurgaon
+91 9971644444 / 9370586696
3. Dr. Purushotam Lal – Best Heart Doctor in Delhi
Dr. Purshotam Lal is internationally acclaimed as an Interventional cardiologist.
- He is currently the Chairman of Metro Group of Hospitals in Noida, Uttar Pradesh and Director of Director Interventional Cardiology.
- Dr Lal famously has the distinction of introducing the most number of procedures in Interventional Cardiology for the first time in India.
- He has developed various new techniques in Aortofemoral Bypass Support (Partial Artificial Heart) and opened tight heart valves with Echo without Cath Lab.
- Dr Lal has performed over 11,000 coronary angiography cases with 100% success.
- He has been listed several times in the Limca Book of World Records.
Hospital Attached: Metro Hospitals & Heart Institute, Noida
4. Dr. Ashish Agarwal – Best Heart Specialist in Delhi
Dr. Ashish Agarwal is an MBBS, MD in General Medicine, and DM in Cardiology. He is working as a full-time DM Interventional Cardiologist and stays and practices in New Delhi.
- He is also a Senior Consultant and HOD, at Aakash super speciality Hospital, in New Delhi.
- Dr Ashish has obtained special training in performing Pediatric Echocardiography.
- The doctor has extensive experience in the field of Cardiac Catheterization, including Angioplasty, Angiography, Renal & Peripheral Stenting, as well as Percutaneous Valve Dilatation, among others.
- Dr Agarwal has 21 national and international editions to his name to date.
Hospital Attached: Aakash Superspeciality Hospital, Dwarka, Sector 3, New Delhi
5. Dr. Gaurav Agrawal – Best Heart Specialist Doctor in Delhi
Dr. Gaurav Agrawal is amongst the leading names when it comes to specialization in paediatric cardiology treatment in the country.
- He is an MBBS and MD (Paediatric) & FNB (Paediatric Cardiology) specializations, having 18 years of experience in his field.
- He currently is a Paediatric Interventional Cardiologist in BLK Children Heart Institute at BLK Super Speciality Hospital, New Delhi.
- He is also attached as a Senior Consultant-Paediatric Cardiology with Max Hospital, New Delhi.
Hospital Attached: BLK Children Heart Institute, BLK Super Speciality Hospital, Pusa Road, Rajinder Nagar, New Delhi; Max Hospital, Shalimar Bagh, New Delhi and Saral diagnostics, Pitampura, New Delhi.
firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
6. Dr Vineet Malik – Top Cardiologist in Delhi
Heart specialist Dr. Vineet Malik is well known as an Interventional Cardiologist in New Delhi. Dr Malik has done his MD (AIIMS), DM Cardiology (AIIMS), and FNB Interventional Cardiology (Escorts Hospital).
- He specializes in Angioplasty and Coronary Angiography (Radial Route) procedures.
- Currently, he works as a Senior Consultant Cardiologist and Unit Head at Maharaja Agrasen Hospital and has his private practice at the Heart Clinic in Pitampura, New Delhi.
Hospital Attached: Maharaja Agrasen Hospital-West Punjabi Bagh, New Delhi 2, and The Heart Clinic, 176, Vaishali, Near Muni Maya Ram Hospital, Pitam Pura, Delhi, 110034
7. Dr. Vivek Gupta – Top Cardiac Surgeon in Delhi
Dr. Vivek Gupta is a highly experienced & well-known figure for heart & cardiac treatment in Delhi NCR and has helped various heart patients in his 25 years of experience.
- He has completed his MBBS and has done his MD in General Medicine and DM in Cardiology.
- He has various Fellowships and Memberships to his credit, including a Fellow of American College of Cardiology, a Fellow of Asia Pacific Society of Interventional Cardiology, and a fellow Indian College of Cardiology fellow.
Hospital Attached: Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, Sarita Vihar, Mathura Road, New Delhi 10076 and MI Heart & Women’s Health Care Clinic, C-36, Ground Floor, Sarita Vihar, Landmark: Near Adjacent to C- Pocket Market, Delhi
8. Dr. S. K. Sinha – Top Heart Doctor in Delhi
Dr. Sinha has over 36 years in Cardiac Surgery which has provided him with a rich, extensive and varied experience of over nine thousand cases across a broad spectrum of cardiac complexities.
- He specializes in various cardiac issues, including Minimal Invasive Valvular Heart Surgery, Ventricular Remodeling Surgery, and Arrhythmia Surgery.
- Previously, as Head of the Department of Cardiac Surgery at Batra Hospital, Dr S.K. Sinha performed as both an administrative leader and clinical mentor by sharing knowledge and honing the skills of future cardiac surgeons under his tutelage.
- Currently, he is working as the Senior Director at Max Super Specialty Hospital, New Delhi.
- He is also the Founder Member of the Indian College of Cardiology.
Hospital Attached: Max Super Specialty Hospital, Saket Institutional Area, Saket, New Delhi, Delhi 110017
firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
9. Dr. Ganesh Shivnani – Top Heart Specialist in Delhi
Dr. Ganesh Shivnani is one of the most conspicuous cardiac surgeons in India and abroad and is known for his commendable augmentation to the cardiac medical field.
- His career spans 25 years, with approximately 6000 bypass surgeries to his credit.
- He has the distinction of 100% success rate in valve repair and valve replacement procedures also.
- Like Dr Lal, he is also one of the rare cardiac surgeons to feature in Limca Book of Records (2012 & 2016) for performing the most successful bypass surgeries.
Hospital Attached: Sri Ganga Ram Hospital, Rajinder Nagar, New Delhi 110060
10. Dr. Ripen Gupta –
Dr. Ripen Kumar Gupta is seen as one of the esteemed Cardiologists in the country, having over 28 years of experience in performing complex stenting & angioplasty, pacemaker, and device implantation procedures.
- He also specializes in balloon valvotomy, aortic aneurysm and septal closure, amongst other cardiac procedures.
- After completing his MMS degree from Punjab University, he did his DM in Cardiology from King George’s Medical College, Lucknow University and had a Postdoctoral Fellowship in Interventional Cardiology National Board of Examination, New Delhi.
- Currently, he is the Director of the Department of Cardiology at Max Smart Super Speciality Hospital in New Delhi.
Hospital Attached: Max Smart Super Speciality Hospital, Press Enclave Road, Saket, New Delhi / Clinic: Flat 1841, Gate No. 6, Sector B, Pocket 1, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi – 110070
FAQs Regarding Cardiologist in Delhi
Usually, the tests prescribed to detect heart conditions include Electrocardiogram (ECG), Echocardiogram, Exercise stress test, and related blood tests.
A lipid panel or lipid profile, also known as a cholesterol test, is done to measure the fat levels in your blood. The measurements indicate your risk levels of having a heart attack or other heart-related disease.
Usually, a CT coronary angiogram test is advised to reveal plaque build-up and identify arterial blockages. Before the test, a contrast dye injection is administered into the arm to make the arteries more visible. The test would not take more than 30 minutes to complete.
Heart disease symptoms are caused by abnormal heartbeats known as heart arrhythmias. It can be suspected if the individual is usually experiencing racing heartbeats, fluttering in the chest, shortness of breath, dizziness, chest pain or discomfort, etc.
Few basic questions to be asked can be related to if family history can affect heart health, blood pressure & cholesterol levels if heart symptoms can be related to age & weight, etc.
History of heart disease or related health issues within the family circle, list of prescriptions or medications taken in the past for health afflictions and side effects if any, as well as producing all previous and current test & diagnostic reports, are some of the basic information you should mandatorily share with your cardiologist.
A cardiologist need not be a surgeon. A cardiac surgeon is an altogether different specialist who performs the actual physical heart surgery. A cardiologist is involved in consulting, testing, and other related procedures. On the other hand, a cardiac surgeon has to be a cardiologist to super specialize in surgical procedures.
A good cardiologist will always refer child-related cardiac cases to a doctor who specializes in pediatric cardiology. For example, Dr. Gaurav Agrawal, mentioned above, specializes in pediatric cardiology.