“It is not easy to be a woman” we have heard this line frequently in our daily life. A woman has health issues from puberty to pregnancy and from childbirth to menopause. Apart from gynecological problems, women also face pregnancy-related problems.
Pregnancy is a gift that should be nurtured and cared for, not just at birth but for the entire duration of your pregnancy. So, to have a hassle-free and smooth delivery, you need hospitals and doctors who are experts in this field and are adept in handling any high-risk pregnancies.
Apart from being the cultural capital of the country, Mumbai also has medical facilities par excellence. Hospitals provide:
- World-class medical expertise.
- State-of-the-art facilities.
- Staff dedicated to your holistic well-being.
The hospitals continue to maintain and excel international standards of care and plan to reach every woman and child in India.
We have listed hospitals with a brief overview of the specialists available for gynaecology.
List of Best Gynecologist Hospitals in Mumbai
|1.Breach Candy hospital||5250||a.022-23667949
|3.Kohinoor Hospital||2500||a.22 67556755
|6.Seven Hills Hospital||300||a.+91-11-30403040
|7.Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital||3600||a.022-43366890
|8.Fortis Hospital, Mulund, Mumbai||Rs. 3600||a.022-43654365
1. Breach Candy hospital
The Breach Candy hospital situated in South Mumbai is renowned for its medical expertise, excellent nursing care and quality of diagnostics. The specialists of some of the doctors here include a few distinguished names in the Indian medical profession. The Hospital has a charity wing where eligible patients are treated at a nominal charge or free of cost.
• The hospital provides complete health care services for gynaecology and pregnancy-related problems.
• There are highly experienced gynaecological doctors who provide specialized attention and care for women and children.
• Doctors follow evidence-based medicine for the well-being of the mother and baby.
• Major surgeries like hysterectomy, myomectomy, ovarian cystectomy is conducted under the supervision of eminent laparoscopic gynaecologists.
Panel of doctors:
- Dr R.P. Soonawala is head of the gynaecology department. He is a stalwart in obstetrics and gynaecology and has been in this profession for decades.
- Dr Adi Dastur, consultant gynaecologists.
- Dr Duru Shah, Obstetrician and gynaecologists.
- Dr Firose R. Soonawala, abstraction and infertility expert.
- Dr Avan Dadina, Obstetrician and gynaecologists.
Address: Breach Candy hospital Trust, 60A Bhulabhai Desai Road, Mumbai – 400026
2. Nanavati Hospital
Nanavati Hospital is a respected multi-speciality in Mumbai’s Vile Parle area. It is a 350 bedded hospital. It has earned excellence and credibility because of the highly qualified medical staff and infrastructural facilities for women of every age group who frequent the gynaecology facility for comprehensive solutions for health issues.
• In 2014, the Hospital was honoured with the Healthcare Excellence Award by Indus Foundation, Indian Medical Association.
• High-Intensity Focused Ultrasound HIFU is made use of for treating gynaecological issues without surgery.
• Doctors serving gynaecology department have expertise in vaginal surgeries, minimal access surgeries and more.
• Surgeons believe in treating gynaecological issues in therapeutic ways without surgery.
Panel of doctors
- Dr Amrish K. Warty, Consultant Obstetrician & Gynecologist.
- Dr Jyoti S Shetty, Consultant Obstetrician & Gynecologist.
- Dr Mohan A Gadam, Consultant Obstetrician, Gynecologist & Infertility expert.
- Dr Maya K. Lulla, Consultant Obstetrician & Gynecologist.
- Dr Mridula Sharda, Consultant Obstetrician & Gynecologist.
Address: S.V. Road, Vile Parle West, Mumbai 400056
3. Kohinoor Hospital
Kohinoor hospitals have made a reputation for themselves in a short time since establishment. The gynaecology and obstetrics department offers the finest quality services to its patients and families. It has the latest and highly updated technological facilities for treating patients with the best services.
• This Hospital is Asia’s only LEED Platinum & NABH Certified multi-speciality hospital with 175 beds and 6 NICU beds.
• Hospital has advanced facilities like Patient Monitoring System, radiology and pathology labs.
• There are qualified gynaecologists for dealing with diverse female health issues for pregnant women like nutrition counselling, breathing exercises, physiotherapy and more.
Panel of doctors
- Dr Anjali Talwalkar – Obstetrician & Gynecologist.
- Dr Ganpat Sawant – Obstetrician & Gynecologist.
- Dr Gouri Gore – Obstetrician & Gynecologist.
- Dr Sriram Gopal – Obstetrician & Gynecologist.
- Dr Uma Agashe – Obstetrician & Gynecologist.
Address: Kirol Road, Off LBS Road, Kurla (West), Mumbai, Maharashtra 400070
Phone: 22 67556755 / 4253 4253 / 9201010192
4. Global Hospitals
Global Hospitals Group is known as the fastest-growing multi-super-speciality chain of healthcare providers in India. The Hospital is a multi-speciality and multi-organ transplant centre. It is known for its expert specialists and state-of-the-art technology used for treating every patient. The gynaecology wing has specialists and surgeons providing medical care to young girls to older women.
• The Hospital has been granted accreditation by National Accreditation Board for Hospitals and Healthcare Providers.
• The department has experts performing gynaecological procedures for treating osteoporosis, infertility problems, menopause management for women in their 40s, high-risk pregnancies.
• The gynecologic experts are known to perform complex cancer surgeries with minimally invasive surgeries for treating gynaecological diseases.
• The Hospital has 188 beds and eight operation theatres, and a total of 260 doctors.
• In addition, there is a 24*7 emergency department, pharmacy and 3 Tesla MRI machines and machines of C.T. scan of 64 slices and a well-equipped cath lab.
Panel of Doctors
- Dr Payal Lakhani- Gynecologist.
- Dr Duru Shah – Gynecologist.
- Dr Pranay Shah- Gynecologist.
- Dr Sudhir Gokral- Consultant (Gynecology & Obstetrics).
- Dr Vinita Salvi- Obstetrician & Gynecologist.
Address: 35, Dr E Borges Road, Hospital Avenue, Opp Shirodkar High school, Parel, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400012.
5. Wockhardt Hospital
Wockhardt is the name for excellence in the medical sector. The company has established many hospitals, especially in Western India. The Mira road facility is 350 bedded. It has an excellent set of gynaecologists and obstetricians who are available on call at every time of the day. The team is committed to providing quality medical care and a comfortable environment to the female patients who come to them for treatments.
• The hospital is National Accreditation Board for Hospitals & Health care Providers (NABH) accredited hospital.
• Hormone therapy or hormone replacement therapy is provided for women in their menopausal phase.
• Diagnostic and surgery facilities are performed for treating breast cancer patients.
• Gynec-oncologists also provide treatments for cervical cancer.
Panel of doctors
Dr Sarita Channawar: Consultant (Obstetrics & Gynecology)
Dr Nikhil Gholkar: Obstetrician and Gynecologist
Dr Surendra Patil: Obstetrician and Gynecologist
Dr Prachi Thakar: Gynec-Oncologist
Address: The Umrao IMSR, Mira Road East, Mira Bhayandar 401107, Mumbai
6. Seven Hills Hospital
SevenHills Hospital is a sprawling multi-speciality in Mumbai. It caters to a broad spectrum of specialities. The plush facility houses treatment options for 36 things. The Women’s Health Unit at the Hospital caters to every big and small health issue women face in different age groups.
• Joint Commission International, USA, accredit it, and it is certified by National Accreditation Board for Hospitals and Healthcare Providers (NABH) accreditation.
• The Hospital is empanelled in Central Government Health Scheme (CGHS).
• There are 120 consultation rooms.
• Gynaecologists specialize in endoscopic and laparoscopic surgery techniques required for treating gynaecological disorders.
• Gynaecology consultants are well-versed in the management of cancers of the reproductive system.
Panel of doctors
Dr Chitwan Dubey: Consultant Obstetrician & Gynecologist
Dr Vaishali Joshi: Consultant Obstetrician & Gynecologist
Dr Vinita Salvi: Consultant Obstetrician & Gynecologist
Address: Marol Maroshi Road, Andheri East, Mumbai 400059
7. Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital
Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital, one of the most modern state-of-the-art multi-speciality tertiary care hospitals, was launched in 2008 by Reliance Group. It is the only hospital in Mumbai with a full-time specialist system for easy availability and access to dedicated specialists exclusively attached to the hospital. The hospital sets up 18 sophisticated cancer care centres. More than 6300 complex cancer surgeries have been performed. It is the only hospital in India to achieve the fastest 1000 Robotic Surgeries within 48 months of Launch.
• It is accredited by Joint Commission International and the National Accreditation Board for Hospitals & Healthcare Providers (NABH), National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories (NABL) Accreditation, India.
• Kokilaben Hospital offers state-of-the-art, non-invasive treatment for a wide range of cancers.
• They are the first in India to have a 3-room Intra-operative MRI Suite IMRIS.
• Novalis TX at Kokilaben Hospital is among the world’s first whole radiosurgery systems for indications in the brain, liver, pancreas, prostate and lung.
Panel of doctors
- Dr Anshumala Shukla Kulkarni, consultant gynaecologist and Obstetrician.
- Dr Maya P.L. Gade, consultant gynaecologist and Obstetrician.
- Dr Neha Abhijit Pawar, consultant gynaecologist and Obstetrician.
- Dr Vaishali Joshi, consultant gynaecologist.
- Dr Yogesh Kulkarni, gynaecology oncology
Address: RaoSahebAchutraoPatwardhanMarg, FourBunglows, Andheri(W), Mumbai – 400053
8. Fortis Hospital, Mulund, Mumbai
Established in 2002, Fortis Hospital in Mulund, Mumbai, is four times JCI accredited and NABH accredited. Now there are over 55 facilities to offer health facilities within India and outside India. It is the first Hospital in India to launch an Electronic ICU.
• It is the first NABH accredited Blood Bank in India and accredited by NABL three times.
• The Hospital has also won a host of awards.
• The healthcare team comprises certified physicians of internal medicine, geriatrics and paediatrics, nurses, medical assistants, and skilled support staff.
• There are comprehensive treatments for fibroids through open myomectomies and endoscopic surgeries.
• Ultrasonography of chronic villus sampling is also conducted for the early detection of serious ailments.
Panel of doctors:
- Dr Sangeeta Raodeo, obstetrics and gynaecology.
- Dr Bela Kedia, obstetrics and gynaecology.
- Dr Girish Sabnis, obstetrics and gynaecology.
- Dr Atul Ganatra, obstratician.
- Dr Sonal Kumta, consultant obstetrician
Address: Mulund, Goregaon link road, Mulund (W), Maharashtra-400078
9. Cama Hospital
It is the only Hospital in Maharashtra exclusively for women and children with the Oncology wing. The Pestonji Cama & Albless Hospital & Jaffer Suleman Dispensary, Mumbai, is a teaching hospital under the State Government’s Grant Medical College.
• It is a 505 bedded hospital. • 24*7 emergency support for gynaecology and obstetrics patients.
• Provides affordable hospital care for women and children.
• They facilitate various government schemes to benefit would-be mothers who cannot afford the cost of treatment.
Panel of doctors:
- Dr V.N. Kurude, consultant gynaecologist.
- Dr Varsha Patil, consultant gynaecologist.
- Dr. Nilofer Moideen, consultant gynaecologist.
- Dr Mridula Raghav, consultant gynaecologist.
- Dr Ashrulina Pal, consultant obstetrician.
Address: BMC office, Mahapalika Marg, opp Azad Maidan, Dhobi Talao, Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus Area, Fort, Mumbai – 400001
FAQs Regarding Gynecologists in Mumbai
1.A. You need to see your Gynecologist for preconception counselling and some routine tests to confirm that you are in perfect health to plan pregnancy.
2.A. When you miss your menstrual cycle and test positive for pregnancy by a home pregnancy test, you must visit a Gynecologist soon.
3.A. During pregnancy, a high protein diet is preferable. Avoid raw uncooked food to prevent infections and diet as suggested by your doctor.
4.A. Pregnancy yoga and some exercises are suggested to all pregnant women unless there are risk factors and the Obstetrician suggests against it. Specific activities in the third trimester will help ease the process of vaginal delivery.
5.A. Prenatal vitamins/ Folic acid, iron supplements and calcium supplements are suggested during pregnancy. Any other medications like pain killers or antibiotics should be taken only under the supervision of a Gynecologist.
6.A. Flu vaccine is recommended for all pregnant women after the first trimester to prevent Influenza.
7A. A high-risk pregnancy is a condition during pregnancy that threatens the health and life of the mother and/or fetus. A high-risk pregnancy needs special care, follow up and management.
8.A. Frequent antenatal visits, close monitoring of maternal and foetal well-being, special investigations other than the routine and management of underlying causes.
Most women ignore their health concerns. Consequently, lots of females have to suffer from issues during conceiving. To make your future health better, you have to act now. For women’s visiting a Gynaecologist, the stress lessens a little when you know the best Gynaecologist in Mumbai. Share the list with your acquaintances and subscribe to our blog for more related information.