Protein intake is essential for men and women to improve the immune system, build strength, and promote muscle growth. Diet rich in protein helps with weight loss and gaining lean mass.
The National Institute of Nutrition, India, recommends women consume 0.83g of protein per kg body weight. But, unfortunately, most women are deprived of an adequate intake of protein from food sources alone. Therefore, some consider protein powders as a meal replacement to tone the body, provide fuel to the body with necessary nutrients and improve overall wellbeing.
With the help of our article below, read detailed information and view regarding the comprehensive wellbeing with protein powders that can provide women what they need!
List of Best Protein Powders for Girls
Protinex helps in gaining muscle mass and improve energy levels. Protinex comes in delicious flavours is a protein drink fortified with immunity boosters. In addition, the formula contains BCAA (branched-chain amino acids) that help prevent protein breakdown during exercise and reduce muscle soreness post-exercise.
- This protein powder comes with vitamins A, B1, B2, Niacin, Pantothenic acid, C, E, and D.
- It also provides minerals like copper, iron, zinc, potassium, folic acid, and magnesium.
- Biotin converts food into energy keeps the nervous system, liver, eyes, hair, and skin healthy.
- It strengthens immunity and bones and prevents muscle soreness post-exercise.
- It is low in fat content and has a 50% extra vegetarian source of protein. It has no added sugar and tastes good, and is available in the market at a reasonable price in air-tight containers.
Price: INR 550
2. OZiva Protein and Herbs
OZiva Protein and Herb for Women is the protein powder for losing weight and looking perfect in a toned body. There is 5.5 g BCAA, 32g whey protein, a rich blend of herbs and 28 multivitamins. This protein supplement has no added sugar and helps lose weight, tone up, and improve physical endurance.
- It is primarily for women; the protein powder contains linseed, a good source of omega-3 fatty acids, basil, Guduchi, turmeric, asparagus, green tea extract, and a generous blend of BCAA that balances hormones, increases metabolism and tones up the body.
- It contains vitamins A, B, C, D, and E, biotin, calcium, iron, zinc, dietary fibre, and essential amino acids, which helps to maintain healthy hair and skin.
- The protein powder increases metabolism, balances hormones and improves endurance.
- It contains no artificial sweetener with non-GMO and gluten preservatives and is soy-free.
- There are no artificial colours, and it comes in many flavours and comes in compact packaging.
Price: INR 1699
3. Nestle Resource High Protein
This whey protein powder comes with 45g protein per 100 grams. It is a rich source of calcium, protein, dietary fibre, magnesium, potassium and energy. It increases metabolism and can be used as a meal replacement drink for breakfast or a pre-workout drink to help in increasing endurance and stamina.
- This protein powder fulfils the daily protein requirements and builds lean muscle mass.
- Increases endurance and stamina.
- It tastes good and comes in compact packaging.
Price: INR 405
4. Herbalife Personalized Protein Powder
This protein powder with 82.67 g protein per 100 grams helps curb hunger, increase satiety and minimizes weight faster. This powder contains whey protein concentrate and soy protein isolate, along with a great source of potassium and sodium, and it provides energy.
- This powder is recommended as a meal replacement and for building lean muscles.
- It comes in compact packaging.
Price: INR 1185
5. Healthkart Women’s Protein
This protein supplement is a multi-blend of several nutrients and contains 15 g of protein per serving. Pregnant or lactating ladies and mothers should consult a doctor before taking this protein powder.
- The protein powder contains BCAAs, essential amino acids, non-essential amino acids, dietary fibre, PUFA, vitamins A, B, C, E, K, D, calcium, iron, folic acid.
- This protein powder is perfect for women to maintain strong bones, healthy RBC count, better immunity, and overall wellbeing.
- DHA or docosahexaenoic acid regulates cholesterol levels and may improve age-related vision problems.
- Calcium helps strengthen the bones, and iron helps improve RBC count.
- The protein powder is reasonably priced and comes in compact packaging.
Price: INR 999
6. Amway Nutrilite Protein Powder
Nutrilite Protein Powder provides 8g protein per serving with tri-blend wheat, soy, and yellow pea. It contains primary essential amino acids, which help satisfy the body’s need for whole protein from different food sources.
- It does not contain artificial flavours and colours and tastes wonderful when mixed in juice, Atta, biscuits, bread, milkshakes, etc.
- It is not formulated for children and consults your doctor before drinking if you are pregnant or lactating.
- It helps to increase satiety and build lean muscle mass.
Price: INR 4019
7. myDaily Lean Women WheyProtein
This protein powder contains vitamins A, B, C, D, and E and minerals like zinc, copper, selenium, and iron. It is a multi-purpose protein powder and provides 21g protein per serving and helps meet the nutritional requirements of women to help them lose weight and maintain good skin, hair, and nails. In addition, biotin helps to tighten the skin and get a smoother skin texture.
- This protein powder is ideal for losing or maintaining weight.
- It is low in carbs, fat and gluten-free.
- The protein powder has no added sugar and increases satiety.
- It makes the skin firm and smooth and helps to reduce hair fall.
- Promotes keratin production and energizes the body.
- The protein powder comes in a travel-friendly pack.
Price: INR 1149
8. Mypro Sports Nutrition Slim Shake
It comes with proteins, vitamins, and minerals that help curb hunger for four hours. This protein powder provides meal replacement provides 11g protein per serving with 31 vitamins, D-biotin, and fibre.
- The protein supplement is vegetarian and reduces hunger and increases satiety.
- It is also a meal replacement as it helps burn calories.
- It comes in compact packaging and is reasonably priced
- The brand proposes to replace two meals a day with this protein powder drink.
- It keeps a person satiated and boosts metabolism to burn more calories and help in weight loss.
Price: INR 649
Weblink: Direct website not available.
9. Pro360 Slim Dietary Supplement
This dietary supplement contains Garcinia Cambogia, triple protein, and essential amino acids. In addition, it contains whey protein, soy protein isolate, oats fibre, L-carnitine, conjugated linoleic acid (CLA), vitamins, and minerals. One serving provides 12g of protein. This protein powder supplement is also suitable for calcium, folic acid, potassium, selenium, iron, and zinc.
- It helps to keep a person satiated, boost metabolism and reduces hunger.
- This drink is perfect for weight loss goals.
- The dietary supplement also helps to reduce LDL cholesterol and excess fat.
- It helps to reduce the fat cell size.
- Drinking it one to two hours before working out will prevent you from feeling tired after or during working out.
- Pregnant ladies and lactating mothers should consult the doctor before using this product.
- It contains L-carnitine to fuel your workout, and oats fibre helps reduce hunger.
- It comes in compact packaging and is reasonably priced.
Price: INR 507
Weblink: Direct website not available.
10. JustHer Protein with Herbs
They contain a rich blend of Ayurvedic herbs like Aswagandha, amla, tulsi, fennel, chamomile, ginseng, Garcinia Cambogia, and Shatavari. This protein supplement with herbal protein powder helps address the health needs of women. For example, one can use it to lose weight or build lean muscle mass. However, pregnant ladies and lactating mothers should consult the doctor before consuming it.
- Herbs, vitamins, and minerals help increase metabolism, strengthen bones, boost immunity, and reduce stress.
- It is soy-free, non-GMO, naturally gluten-free, has no artificial flavour, and added sugars.
- It reduces stress and contains whey protein concentrate.
- It makes the bones strong.
- It is soy, gluten, non-GMO and artificial flavour free.
- There is no added sugar, and it comes in compact packaging.
Price: INR 1199
Protein powder supplements are great for the overall wellbeing and health of women. Apart from that, they may use it to lose weight, gain lean muscle, strengthen their bones, or fulfil their body’s nutritional deficiencies. One should consume this protein supplement in recommended dosage along with healthy foods. Staying active is important too. With time, one will feel more energetic, less hungry, and more proactive. So, do not just wait! Get a protein supplement and live a better life!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
Q: Why do we need protein?
A: Our muscles, blood, skin and hair consists of protein. The body uses it to fix itself, create tissue, generate hormones, enzymes, and other chemicals. When protein is deficient, a person may experience slow metabolism, fatigue, slow healing wounds and low immunity.
Q: What are the various protein powder types?
A: Various brands make the best protein powders for females in India. Whey, casein and soy are the most common protein powders. Whey is the most common as it is a water-soluble milk protein.
Q: Do I need extra protein?
A: We need a varying amount of protein depending on our lifestyle and stage of life. There are many protein powders for weight loss and teenagers in their growing age. In addition, protein will help promote the healing process if you have sustained an injury.
Q: How much protein should women consume daily?
A: As per the research of the National Institute of Nutrition, India, women must consume protein of 0.83 grams per kilogram of their body weight. So, for instance, if the body weighs 60 kgs, one must drink (60 x 0.83) about 50g of protein a day.
Q: Can pregnant women take protein powders?
A: Pregnant and lactating ladies should take protein powders after consulting their doctor. However, protein powders may contain ingredients that could cause discomfort to the lactating mother.