No alcohol can beat a pint of beer! Martin Luther said, “Whoever drinks beer sleep quickly; who sleeps long does not sin; who does not sin enters the sky! Then, let us drink beer!” Except for tea and coffee, beer is probably the most commonly consumed drink and the globe’s first and most popular alcoholic beverage. All other beverages will not even measure up to their success or volume consumption.
Brew, the most prominent drink in the universe, is ingested in the globe. It has been thousands of years a component of formal events & festivities. Despite the low ABV% (Alcohol by Volume) and refreshing taste, it is the world’s most giant, frequently consumed alcoholic drink despite the low ABV% (Alcohol by Volume) and refreshing taste.
Here, we roundup up the ten popular beer brands in India. Many of the brands mentioned below have a great legacy. In addition, we have made sure to incorporate exciting facts and details about beer brands.
List of Best Beers in India
Without any doubt, it is India’s greatest selling beer brand with commanding market dominance and is widely prevalent among youngsters. The beer’s collection includes lighter beers, kingfisher Lager and Kingfisher Premium, and Beer like Kingfisher Super and Extreme Max with higher alcohol volume.
- The top seller of beer in India is Kingfisher Strong, the strongest beer with 8% alcohol. With a mix of malty and citrusy grains, the beers seem to be fresh in flavour.
- Premium, leading to its superior quality and tremendously budget-friendly rate, is one of Kingfisher’s popular variants.
- It contributes to 36% of the entire profit in the Indian market.
- It has a sweet, malty and tasty flavour and blends well with the lush Indian cuisine.
This is one of the most widely known craft beer manufacturers in the country, with a sneaky tagline of Probably the Best Beer in the World. Carlsberg Elephant Strong Super Premium is incredibly potent, emerges with a vibrant malty character, and is the greatest-selling type in Carlsberg beers.
- It is highly gratifying throughout this beer, and as the title indicates, an intense hue of alcohol is fantastic for any festivities.
- They have a heritage of nearly 200 years and was founded by Jacob Christian Jacobsen in 1811.
- It is a top leader in the Indian Beer Industry. It has retained its place with its fresh & crispy taste among beer lovers.
- It is available in variants like elephant substantial malt premium, malt premium and classic.
- It has a sweet, malty flavour with a smooth finish and goes well with steak, pizza and sausage.
Price: INR: 165
Budweiser, the best option for beer enthusiasts in India, is undoubtedly the most popular beer brand widely consumed at pubs and bars. The tasty, medium-bodied American-style white craft beer is a legacy edition of the Budweiser Premium. However, Budweiser Magnum is for someone with an affinity for complicated beverages.
- It is among the famous beer brands commonly correlated with the first taste of beer someone encounters in India and throughout the world.
- It has become one of the most reserved beer companies globally within no time.
- Budweiser has a perfect texture of crunchy and fragrant.
- In a hot climate, flavours taste makes it ideal to consume as the beer consists of barley, rice, malt, water, yeast and hops.
- The colour and sugar required for the fermentation of beer come from malt.
- Hops present in beer adds to the spice, bitterness and aroma, and rice gives a crisp flavour to the beer.
- The alcohol content in Budweiser differs for each country as the alcohol percentage in India is 5%.
Carlsberg manufactures the brewery for Tuborg in India, which is among the delightful bottle-fermented malt beers. Tuborg Green is gentle and natural, with a delicate balance between flowers and cereals’ aromas.
- This beer is medium-rich, appears at pocket-friendly prices.
- Tuborg Strong is the most efficient Tuborg beer, released with assertive beers among Indian consumers.
- Established in 1873, Tuborg is a beer beverage company from Denmark.
- The beer has a mild sweetness, is medium-bodied, healthy and crispy and blends well with spicy Indian food.
- It comes in solid premium and green variants.
Price: INR: 115
Due to its budget-friendly market value in India, Heineken has a more robust, frothier taste; Heineken has gained a massive fan following in many other globally mass-manufactured larger beers.
- This flawlessly carbonated beer with ice is incredibly smooth to drink.
- Heineken’s pale beer is the nation’s widely known and recognized finest variety.
- Since 1873, Heineken is a Dutch beer production company. It has been awarded at the International Marine Exhibition & Grand Prix at Columbian Exposition in Paris in the early years as the Medaille d’Or (Gold Medal).
- It is made with triple Barley, Hops & Distilled Water additives that give it a distinct flavour that has been stable over the year.
- With a rich yellowish-brown colour and a sweetish flavour, Heineken is a scotch ale Malt beer that goes well with a smooth and robust taste of balanced hop aroma.
Foster’s Lager Beer is one of India’s finest packaged beers, and the evidence often justifies the sophisticated flavour. Foster’s Stronger is a fantastic choice if someone wants a dark flavour and a stricter beverage experience.
- Foster’s lager features a light-coloured, more enormous variety, teeming with full-grain flavour with a smooth hop bitterness ratio.
- This filled beer is safe to drink and has an appealing botanical fragrance topping it.
- It is the most preferred beer company in Australia and is similarly enjoyed in India.
- Foster is a gentle, more extensive beer with a simple and elegant taste at the endnote and marginally hop resentment.
- It has a light hop bitterness and Malty and goes well with chocolates, Crisps and Burgers.
7. Corona Extra
Corona got the privilege of being one of India’s greatest-selling beer brands and across the world.
- Corona Extra is smoother and provides a noticeable dryness, with a good mix of malt and grain flavours than any other beer.
- The beer has a sweetness that is quick on the throat and is minimal in bitterness.
- When someone is looking for a new and crispy summer beer! After a day on the seashore, Corona is delightfully tasty and fresh.
- Including mild bitterness and a hop’s touch, Corona extra beer is a standard American pale lager beer; one can admire it with the fruitiness of a lemon twist.
- It has a sweet, malty and taste and can be enjoyed with steak, spicy food and burgers.
8. Haywards 5000
The beer is widely regarded due to its popularity and tough-hitting strong beer, consisting of 7% alcohol. The brand was introduced to expand the Haywards alcohol company with the Haywards 2000 gentle beer founded in the 1900s.
- It has an after-taste; which individuals seem to appreciate.
- Haywards 5000 provides a special ultra-strong beer named Haywards 10000.
- They maintain a revenue share of almost 11%, and in Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Haryana, Punjab, and Chattisgarh, it is widely sold.
- Food enjoyed with this beer is light snacks and salads.
Weblink: Direct website not available
It is the iconic beer label of Devans Modern Breweries Limited, which started production in Jammu in 1961. The beer consists of three main types Strong with 7.5 % alcohol, a lager with 5 per cent alcohol and Lite with 4.5 per cent alcohol. Compared to the standard 12-15 days, the long manufacturing time may differ for Godfather beer, which continues for 25 days.
- Godfather is an incredibly simple drink with a smooth taste of the significant sweetness of cereal crops, complemented with lots of body and a prominent touch of smokiness.
- Each beer contains moderate to high carbonated water with an overwhelming malt and hoppy taste.
- It grants it a cleaner appearance and flavour and goes well with light snacks and salads.
- In north India, Godfather is consumed by young people.
- As per the Indian economy, the company has a customer base of 20-50 % in India only.
Price: INR: 180
Hoegaarden is renowned for becoming crafty until craft beers became common, drunk with much pleasure by beer drinkers in over seventy nations. In every variety of Hoegaarden beers, the taste is appropriate. The one being Hoegaarden’s First Belgian Wheat Beer.
- The perfect amount of sugar has a delicious fizzy flavour, making the beer perfect for immediate consumption.
- Hoegaarden Beer is a brand of the Factory Hoegaarden found in the 1800s.
- It is undoubtedly India’s finest beer, along with its unique flavour.
- Hoegaarden Beer suits nicely with every type of food for an afternoon brunch, cocktail party or grilling atmosphere.
- As a taste enhancer, one can add chilled with a squeeze of orange or lemon.
- It has a smooth taste with herbs and citrus and tastes perfect with Kebabs, Barbeque and Burgers.
Weblink: Direct website not available.
When someone is trying beer for the first time, they should go for something that’s light. They may undoubtedly dislike it for the first time; however, as they continue drinking, the opinion will change. Beer has an acquired taste; like most other alcoholic drinks, one will grow fond of beer. All the famous Indian beer brands have a unique local taste that keeps beer lovers going back to them. Over time, one may even be able to identify yourself which are the best brands of Indian Beer.
Frequently asked questions Regarding Beer Brands in India
There are many imported beer brands in India. As per our article, the best-imported beer brands in India are Corona, Budweiser, and Heineken are among the few.
Heineken is the least alcoholic beer brand in India. The brand is known to stay ahead of trends, and they manufacture non-alcoholic beer without any harmful effects on health and helps people enjoy the beer.
According to our article, the Kingfisher is the best brand of Beer in India.
People consume beer to bond, relax & entertain. Light to moderate consumption of beer has health benefits. In addition, studies have shown that regular gatherings & celebrations make for a well-balanced community and society.
According to U.S. Dietary Guidelines, alcohol should be consumed in moderation up to 2 drinks per day for men and 1 for women. One should not consume beer or other alcoholic beverages on an empty stomach.
There are many side effects if consumed more than the recommended limit. Therefore, it is essential to consider your age, health, pre-existing health issues before consuming any alcoholic beverage.
It is best to store beer away from direct light or other heat sources, in a cool area, preferably at a stable temperature. A good refrigerator is suitable for your regular use, while you can also mark a compartment only for beer storage.
Budweiser is one of the best craft beers one can have in India. The beer is made from ingredients like wheat, barley, and hops. With its increasing demand and market success, the brand started manufacturing beer in India.