In this modern era, where the number of modes of transportation has increased, the market is flooded with numerous luxurious bikes and cars. Most people want to change their lifestyle and ride their bicycles due to concerns like fitness and pollution. Cycles come in a variety of shapes and sizes, depending on the needs of the people. Some want to use it for hiking and outings, while others want to perform stunts with it. Some people use bicycles for racing, while others want to use them for everyday travel. People’s uses of cycles change over time.
In India, several brands offer a diverse range of cycles. Some are domestic brands, while others are international brands with a significant presence in India. Here in this article, we have come up with some of the best cycle brands in India.
List of Best Cycle Companies in India
Hero Cycles is India’s most well-known and one of the largest bicycle manufacturers based in Ludhiana, Punjab, offering a diverse range of models. It is a subsidiary of Hero Motors Company, a well-known automobile manufacturer. Miss India, Mountain Bike, Firefox, and Sprint are just a few of the brands owned by A Hero. It is the world’s largest cycle manufacturer, with products sold in more than 70 countries worldwide.
- The most up-to-date machinery produces major bicycle components on-site under strict quality controls that meet the global standards of the Guinness Book of World Records.
- ATB, MTB, Women, Kids, Girls, and e-cycles are the different types of Hero Cycles.
Price: The price of a hero bicycle starts from Rs4900.
One of the oldest cycle brands with a strong reputation in the industry. After Hero Cycles, Avon has risen to become India’s most popular cycle brand. It is trendy among teenagers and offers over 200 different bicycle models. It has a wide variety of cycles to suit everyone’s needs.
The company began in 1948 as a manufacturer of cycle saddles and brakes, and in 1951, it produced its first cycle. In Punjab, Pahwa Brothers established the brand. The primary goal of the company’s inception was to provide a diverse range of high-quality bicycles at reasonable prices.
- AVON is the only company in the world that can claim full backward integration.
- They ensure safe and prompt delivery to dealership locations spanning the expanse of the country.
- The different types of bicycles from Avon cycles include Geared, MTB, Ladies, Roadsters, Kids, Cyclus and electric-bicycles.
Price: The price of Avon cycles starts from Rs. 3400
Another leading bicycle brand in India is Hercules Cycles. It is prevalent among Indians because it offers some of the most up-to-date cycle models. When it comes to the history of Hercules cycles, and it all started in 1951.
This brand’s unique selling point is that it first introduced mountain bikes to India, and bicycles are now best-selling.
- Hercules is a brand that stands for defying conventions, embarking on new adventures, and living life to the max.
- They come in five different types of bike- Rodeo, MTB, Kids, Roadster, Junior Roadster.
- In India, Hercules has more than 200 rural stores.
Price: The price of Hercules Cycles starts from Rs. 7000.
BSA Ladybird is one of the famous brand of the cycle that manufactures cycles for girls; it is the first brand that considers the needs of girls and women and produces attractively designed bicycles. These cycles are appealing because of their vibrant colours and fashionable appearance.
BSA Ladybird cycles are both comfortable and stylish, as well as cost-effective. It has a wide range of models for both girls and women. And if you’re a girl looking for a cycle that reflects your style, the BSA Ladybird will undoubtedly meet your expectations.
- Bicycles from BSA Ladybird are comfortable and fashionable, and it reflects your sense of style and self-assurance.
- You can expect a comfortable ride with cushioned saddles, soft handgrips, step-through frames, easy-glide hubs, and many other features.
- They come in six different types of bikes- Glitzy, Breeze, Hazel, Shine, Sofia, Splash.
Price: The starting price of BSA Ladybird is Rs. 5450.
Firefox is also one of the best cycle brands in India, with a rapidly growing and distinct presence among Indians. It is one of India’s most successful cycle brands, offering premium cycle ranges. Hero cycles took over the Firefox Cycle brand in 2015.
The cycles are comfortable and long-lasting, and they are reasonably priced. Firefox Cycles is popular among customers because of its diverse product offerings.
- The firefox cycles provide safe shipping.
- The bicycle comes 95 per cent assembled condition only the pedals and handlebars need to be attached, and the handlebar tightened.
- The Firefox bikes have a lifetime warranty.
- Firefox Cycles has varied bicycles for children, women, off-road, city, performance, mountain bikes, and BMX.
Price: The starting price of Firefox bikes costs around Rs. 8100.
Dahon Cycles is another Indian brand that produces high-quality bicycles at reasonable prices. The Han brothers established the company in 1982. Dahon cycles are unique in that they are the first folding cycle brand in the world. They are also the world’s leading manufacturer of high-volume folding bicycles.
The cycles are folded and unfolded easily, making them mere to transport while travelling. It has become the best-selling folding cycle in major cities such as Delhi, Mumbai, and Bangalore.
- It is the world’s first folding bicycle that can be stowed under a train seat.
- 98% of these folding bicycles are based on mechanical frame and wheel configurations, metal alloys and folding mechanisms.
- The production of these bikes run on the concept of green mobility.
Price: The price of the Dahon bicycles starts from Rs. 17000.
7.La Sovereign Cycles
La Sovereign Cycles is regarded as India’s one of the best cycle brands. For the past 40 years, the well-known cycle brand has been producing the best ranges of cycles. It is one of the most known brands, with a long history of success.
La Sovereign Cycles is a company based in Ludhiana that manufactures toys and bicycles in India. It is also a joint venture between Thailand and a company based in the United States.
- They use stainless steel spokes from Alloy Rims and have anti-rust properties.
- All bikes are individually assembled and packed in strong in easy-to-wear packages.
- On all rigid frames & forks, the company provides two years of warranty.
- They also have free shipping.
- They come in different varieties, such as MTB single speed, MTB multi-speed, Hybrid, Kids and Fat.
Price: The price of La Sovereign bikes starts at Rs. 7000.
Bianchi is a well-known cycle brand in India, and it is essentially an Italian cycle brand that has been manufacturing cycles for 130 years all over the world. It is widely regarded as the best bicycle brand in the world. The brand eventually becomes known for its high-performance models.
Bianchi produces a wide range of bicycles, including road bikes, E-bikes, fitness bikes, and mountain bikes, but it is best known for racing bicycles. The brand is exciting, and it offers unique cycle designs and colours.
- The bikes are delivered fully fitted right at the doorstep.
- The racing category bikes include extreme carbon frames optimised for ideal power transmission with the best toughness to weight ratio.
- They produce different kinds of bikes, such as Road range, E-Bike, MTB and City fitness range.
Price: The starting price of Bianchi bicycles costs around Rs. 43,000 in India.
The Kross Cycle is one of India’s best brands for a reasonably priced cycle model. It is a Hero Cycles offshoot that comes with many models. The Kross cycle’s ultimate goal is to produce the highest quality bicycles for casual riders and beginners. It has a variety of designs and colours. Because it is a subsidiary of Hero Cycles, these cycles are readily available in local cycle shops.
- Kross Bikes have robust specifications, durability and high-end comfort.
- Kross bikes offer everything a bicyclist needs, from neoteric aerodynamic designs, hi-tech features to eye-catching colours.
- They produce bikes of different categories- MTB, City, Ladies and Kids.
Price: The price of the Kross Bikes starts at Rs. 5899.
Cannondale is a popular cycling brand all over the world. Dorel Industries, a Canadian company, originally purchased the brand, and their cycles are handcrafted in the United States.
The Cannondale brand is well-known for pioneering cutting-edge bottom bracket technology. Many other bicycle brands accept this technology because it improves the rider’s pedalling efficiency.
- The brand is popular for its innovative designs and appealing colours.
- Cannondale’s performance cycles are the most popular and best-selling models.
- The bicycles are made of aluminium and carbon fibre frames and are highly durable.
- Road, Mountain, Kids and Electric bikes are the different kinds of Bikes from this company.
Price: The price of Cannondale Bikes starts at Rs. 23330 in India.
FAQs Regarding Cycle Brands in India
In the men category, the tyre size is 21 the frame size varies from 8.5 in the children’s road cycle. The size of tyres in road cycles varies from 12 to 18 inches and in mountaineering and hybrid cycles to 26 inches and 27 inches. The larger the volume of the pneumatic field, the more robust the ground will be.
Mountain Hercules cycles are one of several types of Hercules cycles. These bicycles are built for off-roading and have got gears, sturdy tyres, and strong brakes.
AVON is the only company in the world that can claim full backward integration.
Bianchi produces some of the best racing bikes with distinguished designs and styles. These are made with carbon frames to provide optimised power transmission.
BSA, Hero, Hercules are some of the customers’ favourites bicycle brands in India.
Traditionally Bianchi Cycles are Celeste, a Turquoise also known as Bianchi green.
Kross Bikes produces some of the best mountain bicycles in India. They come in a study and think tyres that give the best mountaineering experiences.
Kross’ pro-mountain bikes range makes it easier than ever to traverse the treacherous hilly terrain.