So! You aspire to pursue your Masters in Business Administration (MBA)? but not sure how to go about it? Worry Not! Our well qualified research team at MyBestGuide (MBG) has drafted this article to give you all the
List of MBA Colleges in Mumbai
Each one desired the best education in terms of quality of teaching and ranking of the college. There are some categories that we all take into consideration while choosing a college. Firstly it’s ranking, how good and well-known the college is. Is it a government or private college? Secondly, the number of seats and the exams that need to take to be eligible for the best Management, PGDM, or MBA colleges in Mumbai. Thirdly, the fees and the facilities that the college provides. These are the main criteria any person looks at. We are making it easy for you by compiling this information in this one article. Hope you receive the proper information you wanted on the colleges in Mumbai.
The colleges are mentioned below in the best five according to the NIRF ranking system,2020.
Keen and aspiring MBA students can take a look at the CAT exam syllabus here. Furthermore, coaching is seen as a vital aspect when you think about giving the CAT exam. Click here, for the Best CAT Coaching in India.
|1. SJMSOM IIT BOMBAY||4Lakhs to 8Lakhs||a.022-25767781
|2. NITIE||2lakhs to 15lakhs||a.2228035363
|3. SPJIMR||5lakhs to 16lakhs||a.02226237454
|4. SVKM’s NMIMS||10Lakhs to 15Lakhs||a.022 4235 5555
b.1800 102 5138
|5. K.J SOMAIYA||3Lakhs to 4Lakhs||a.2267283000
1.SJMSOM IIT Bombay- Best MBA College in Mumbai
SJMSOM is the short form of Shailesh J. Mehta School of Management, IIT Bombay. It was started in the year 1955. Furthermore, it is a public school/college that has PG a well as doctoral programs in the umbrella education of Management. In addition to that, IIT is considered one of the best globally. This is one of the best Management or MBA colleges in Mumbai and India as well.
- In the NIRF, IIT Bombay ranks 11th for the year 2020.
- Under the ranking of Economic times, 2019- rank is 42.
- It is 4th in the QS India Ranking, 2019.
Other important criteria:
- There are several entrance exams that are allowed for admissions by the institution. Firstly, CAT, GRE, GMAT & GATE. Secondly, UGC JRF, UGC NET, CSIR JRF & CSIR NET.
- The total number of seats available is 152. Secondly, this includes the reservation category as well.
- The percentile score overall should be 90 percentile for the general category. For those coming under reservation, they have relaxation in the cut-off score.
- The approximate fee for the course is 10 lakhs.
- Furthermore, its top recruiters are Google, Wipro, Accenture, Asian Paints, JPMC, and many more.
- Lastly, its highest placement package was around 33 lakhs per annum.
Amenities & Facilities
The college has a library that has over 6000 books. In addition to that, approximately 300 plus audio-visual study material. Secondly, there is a huge sports complex which has a badminton court, football and cricket ground, tennis court and many more. Hostels for both boys and girls are present, with the facility for gym and reading room for the. Thirdly, medical facilities are there as well as the campus is a wifi-campus. Lastly, an easy and accessible convenience store is also present for the students. Moreover, it is one of the best on the list of MBA colleges or institutes in Mumbai.
Course: MBA Duration:2 years Fees: upto 10 lakhs
MAIL ID: email@example.com
2.NITIE– Powai (Mumbai) – Best Management College in Mumbai
The above is the short form for the National Institute of Industrial Engineering. It is considered one of the best MBA colleges in Mumbai as well as in India. It was established in the year 1963 as a joint venture of the Government of India, UNDP & MHRD. Therefore, we can say that it is a public or rather a government college. The most popular courses are MBA and PGDM, so we can conclude by saying that it is one of the best Management or PGDM college in Mumbai.
- In the NIRF ranking, NITIE ranks 12th position for the year 2020.
- It ranked 11th in position in Bussiness Today’s ” India’s Best B-schools 2019″
Other important criteria:
- The entrance exams that are acceptable are CAT & GMAT. Click here, for the official website of the CAT exam.
- The expected percentile score for CAT is 97 for the general category. Furthermore, there is score relaxation for those coming for reservation criteria. A percentile score of 75 for OBC, 65 for SC/ST, and 75 for PD. All the above percentile is applicable for the PGDIM course.
- The total number of seats for PGDIM is 304 for the 2020-2022 batch.
- The PG diploma course fees are approximately 6 lakhs per annum. The fees for PGDIM & PGDISEM are approximately 15 lakhs for the entire course in total.
- The college has 100% placement in recent years.
- The highest CTC has gone up to around 50 lakhs per annum and the average CTC is 10-20 lakhs per annum.
Amenities and Facilities
The NITIE library has a wide range of books crossing 82,000 reference books, titles, journals, and study material of all types. In addition to that, the computer center has around 250 computers with internet access on all days and at any time. Secondly, the classrooms have equipment for audio-visual classes as well. Thirdly, hostel rooms with single rooms and ample utilities are also provided.
Course: MBA Duration: 2 years Fees: up to 6 lakhs
MAIL ID : firstname.lastname@example.org
WEBSITE : nitie.ac.in
3. SPJIMR- Best MBA Course in Mumbai
The full form of SPJIMR is S.P. Jain Institute of Management & Research. It is a private college. But, it is associated with the Bharti Vidya Bhavan. This is one of the best and most known MBA institutes in Mumbai. Furthermore, the college is especially known for its PGDM course, as it is the oldest course offered here.
- In the NIRF ranking system, the college comes in the 18th position.
- It is placed on the 4th position on the Bussiness Todays” India’s best B-schools 2019″
- It is 2nd in position on Outlook India’s 2020 list of ranking.
Other Important Criteria:
- It is accredited to the AMBA ( Association of MBA, U.K). Secondly, it is also accredited by the AACSB (The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business).
- There are around 15 courses related to MBA/ PGDM.
- The various entrance exams that are accepted are as follows. Firstly, CAT, GRE, GMAT. Secondly, NET gmt., MAT. Lastly, PET, XAT.
- The expected percentile score required in GMAT is 85 percentile and more. Secondly, for XAT, 93 and more percentile is required.
- The total number of seats for the MBA courses is 276.
- The total fee is approximately 17.5 lakhs for the complete course for the courses related to PGDM & MBA.
- The highest CTC is 51 lakhs per annum and the average CTC is approximately 26 lakhs per annum.
Amenities and Facilities
The classrooms have the facilities and equipment for audio-visual lectures. Furthermore, classrooms and across the campus CCTV cameras are fitted. Secondly, the college has a diverse library with around 23,000 books related to the various subjects offered. Thirdly, the sports complex has a basketball court, football field, swimming pool and jogging track. Furthermore, there is an open theatre. Moreover, it is an all-wifi campus. In the list of MBA, PGDM, or Management colleges and institutes in Mumbai, it has a very high ranking.
Course: MBA Duration:2 years Fees: 17.5 lakhs
MAIL ID: email@example.com
4.SVKM’s NMIMS– Best Management Course in Mumbai
NMIMS is the short form for Monjee Institute of Management Studies. So, SVKM initials come from Shri Vile_Parle Kelavani Mandal. Most importantly, it is a deemed university located in Mumbai, also termed at the oldest campus. The college has 17 schools and, moreover 9 centers across India. It is one of the best MBA colleges in Mumbai and tops in the first five lists of MBA colleges in Mumbai.
- In the NIRF ranking 2020, the college stands at 24th position.
- For the year 2019, it ranks 9th in position in Bussiness Todays” “India’s best B-schools 2019”
- The college ranks 4th in the private management schools list given by Outlook India, 2020
Other important criteria-
- Most importantly, it is NAAC accredited.
- Admission is on the basis of the entrance exam, especially in which only merit students will get in.
- The accepted entrance exams are NMAT, GMAT, Written Test conducted for MBA (Law).
- The cut-off for selection is 94 in NMAT.
- The fees range from 5 lakhs to 24 lakhs based on the specialization of MBA you take.
- The highest CTC is around 39 lakhs per annum for the domestic package.
Amenities and Facilities
The college has a wide range of books in the library. It has a collection of 50,000 volumes of journals, audio-visual content, annual reports, and related subject content. Secondly, the college has complete on-campus WiFi. The hostel has free access as well and a common television room. Furthermore, the college has air-conditioned classrooms that are complete;y digitalized.
Course: MBA Duration: 2years Fees: from 5 lakhs to 24 lakhs
MAIL ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
5.K. J. SOMAIYA INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT – Top MBA College in Mumbai
It was started in the year 1981. Secondly, it is affiliated with the Somaiya Vidyavihar University. In addition to that, it is approved by the AICTE. The UGC has granted this college for becoming autonomous. Initially, when the college has established the vision the founders had in mind was that of creating a world-class research and teaching institute, that will be recognized across the globe.
- In the survey conducted by Outlook, it stood in the 30th position.
- In the NIRF ranking 2020, it comes 56th in position.
- Lastly, it was on the 28th position on the ” The Week” list.
Other Important Criteria-
- The entrance exams applicable for MBA are GMAT, XAT, CAT & CMAT.
- The total Fees are approximately 15 lakhs but this can vary on the specialization take.
- Cut-off -For the exams like CAT and XAT, the cut-off is usually between 80-85 percentile. Secondly, for GMAT, the cut-off is between 550-600. Lastly, for CMAT it is 85-90 percentile.
- The highest CTC is around 29 lakhs per annum and the average CTC is 10 lakhs per annum.
Amenities and Facilities
The college is a complete WiFi campus. Furthermore, there is access to the library that a wide range of books in the form of audio-visual material and books that are vital to understanding the subjects. Secondly, medical facilities are also available. Thirdly, the availability of sports facilities for recreation is also available in the infrastructure.
Course: MBA Duration: 2 years Fees: 15 lakhs
MAIL ID: email@example.com
FAQ | MBA Colleges in Mumbai
RANK 1- SJMSOM IIT BOMBAY
RANK 2- NITIE
RANK 3- SPJIMR
RANK 4- SVKM’s NMIMS
RANK 5- K.J SOMAIYA
The top five according to the NIRF, 2020 ranking are as follows. SJMSOM IIT Bombay comes under the list of the best MBA colleges in Mumbai. Secondly, NITIE– Powai. Thirdly, SPJIMR and consequently after that comes SVKM’s NMIMS. Lastly, SIMSR is now autonomous.
Specifically, CAT (Common Aptitude Exam) is not compulsory. But, to be eligible for MBA, one has to give some or the other entrance exams, for instance, CMAT, XAT, ATMA, and many more. Each college has a different selection pattern and the exams that they accept.
Investment Banker is one the most highest paying MBAs. They help in raising money in the markets. In addition to that, they also can play a role as financial advisors to private companies and sometimes to even the government.
A. MBA or Master in Business Administration is generally a 2-years postgraduate degree course that deals with the study of fundamentals of Management Studies including marketing management, strategic management, business management and many others.
A. Candidates who have completed their graduation in any stream with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks and have a valid score of any entrance exams such as CAT, GMAT, GRE, MAT, etc.
A. For MBA 12th marks does not matter, as MBA admissions are offered based on the scores of entrance exams and for minimum eligibility candidates require 50% marks in graduation.